Rollercoaster Tinnitus and Dizziness

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by LCK, Jun 2, 2022.

1. LCK

LCK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      From the UK. 40-year-old male. Non smoker.

I have had tinnitus in the left ear now on and off since 2018. When I say off, I experienced two periods of silence. One period in 2019 October for three weeks and one period in December 2021 for one week. I suffer suffered severe dizziness as a result in 2018 and felt nauseous with it. Interestingly in 2019 I was referred to ENT and also had an MRI to rule out any conditions.

In October 2019 I had an orange discharge from my left nostril approx 50ml (Fanta colour). This could have indicated a middle ear infection.

I am now back hammering the doctors door as I have been giving two courses of antibiotics over the last 8 months for inner ear infections. I feel this is incorrect as the tinnitus never goes away.

My current tinnitus as I type is fierce and aggressive. It’s high pitched and if I move my jaw/push ear area I can play a tune. Towards the end of the day I deteriorate and get more dizzy. My ear even pops sometimes. If I hold my nose and try to blow my cheeks and equalise. I get a two second high of dizziness and then my focus resumes.

I take vitamin B12, Turmeric, anti-dizziness tablets and now trying CBD oil to take the stress element away. IT DOESN'T WORK.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Anyone else relate to this type of subjective tinnitus?

2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work