Salvia Divinorum

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by leledany, Apr 14, 2019.

1. leledany

leledany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-11-02
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      It is not my intent to encourage the usage of this illegal substance but it is known to be the most potent κ-opioid agonist and scientific study proved that our lifelong friend have some connection with K channel imbalance.

Has someone with tinnitus ever tried it?

Its effects seems to persist only for 5/10 minutes.

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've ingested the leaf, but not any of the extracts at any significant dose. You realize that the k here is referring to the kappa opioid receptor, whereas the K in "K channel" is talking about potassium channels, right? These are very disparate things.

If smoking breakthrough dose salvia twice a week made my tinnitus go to zero, I don't think I'd do it, haha, sorry. But if you try this, let us know!

Lower doses of saliva leaf had a very dark vibe to them. Ancient, powerful, worryingly anti-human.

• Useful Useful x 1
    3. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Lol Salvia... The effects are very short lived... I haven't tried it in years and it was also years before my tinnitus started.

4. Fourseasonsgal

Fourseasonsgal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I just joined Tinnitus Talk today. I have had tinnitus 24/7 since 2009. I have learned to live with it. I had previously had very brief tinnitus a couple of times after a loud concert and once in the 70's when a fire cracker, OMG, went off in my hand!

But this 24/7 tinnitus began on a specific evening after I used Salvia Divinorum as part of a Spiritual ceremony. I had used it one other time. Please - no smarmy comments about illicit drug use and promoting drug use. Salvia Divinorum is used in some Traditional Ceremonies and IS legal in several states.

So seriously, I read elsewhere once that someone had their tinnitus begin after the use of Salvia one time. So - no - Salvia Divinorum did not "help" my tinnitus - it appears to have contributed to causing it!

I have attempted to seek answers specific to that - but not much out there - so I just do not understand how Salvia Divinorum may have caused my tinnitus to become permanent? Any input from someone here? Thank you.