Scared and Confused

Discussion in 'Support' started by kevin b, Jan 13, 2015.

1. kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      I have struggled with depression for 25 years, the last 10 controlled very well by Lexapro. it stopped working last November and in feb I developed T which turned into pulsating T. I am working with a psychiatrist to try to boost me out of the depression. I am on a combination of Viibryd- an SSRI- which always worked in the past and Lamtical- to help boost the Vibryd. I just can't seem to get over the hump, crying every morning with negative thoughts. The T bothers me but I handle it better than 6 months ago. I am so scared to switch to a different SSRI for the fear of my T increasing, but I have to beat this depression. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. DebS

DebS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Sorry you are having such a tough time. I used to cry just about every day too and sometimes wished i would just die in my sleep. My niece who is a psychiatric nurse urged me to go on Zoloft which she takes herself. I kept delaying tho, thinking maybe the T would go away. Well the T never went away but somehow I made it to where I'm 80% habituated and the T doesn't bother me that much anymore. Have you tried Zoloft? Two of my brothers had severe depression and it helps them a lot. One of them has had T for about 20 years and now he only notices it if someone reminds him of it. It takes some weeks for the Zoloft to start working tho. I would think if it did make your T worse you could stop taking it. Hope you feel better soon.