Scared... Having a BAD Few Nights/Days of Tinnitus, Need Help/Support!

Discussion in 'Support' started by AttackingTinnitus, Nov 18, 2012.

1. AttackingTinnitus

AttackingTinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2012
      I have been seeing an Upper Cervical Chiropractor for my T. In the beginning it seemed to really help alot, almost to the point that my T was getting very low. Well, my last appt. which was this past Wednesday, Nov. 14, I went as usual, oh by the way, usually after treatment I get a headache or migraine and he said it's normal, it's like unkinking a waterhose and the water flows through, the same goes for nerves that have been pinched for long periods of time in the neck, so anyway, this past time, my T seemed to go to a very high, high pitch and when it happens I immediately get nauseous. My ENT is giving me something to put under my tongue for that, but now I've been crying since Wed. scared that this is going to stay like this. I am crying and scared right now as I type this. I haven't eaten since last Wed. and it's so bad, "Su....de" word keeps popping in my head. I can't and won't live like this.

I posted before and my posts were so positive because I didn't have T that was at this point. I never thought I would have it like this, so loud. Does anyone had their T that is so high pitched it makes them feel sick? I sure hope someone is on here at the same time I am to chat.

Julia

2. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      julia it can just be a temporary spike im sure it will go down, i have a very high pitch T and I just had a spike this wednesday it became a high tea kettle scream but it did went down after 2 days try to calm down stress will make it more louder.Do you take something for anxiety?

3. Youllbefine

Youllbefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2010
      Yes, I've had it that high before...that thought never occurred to me I'm very tight with my family and that helps quite a bit. The tinnitus is a combination of things not just one. It is allergies, stomach acids and anxiety. After looking for a common denominator I've noticed excercise and conversation relieves my stress while Zyrtec d and * avoiding certain food relieves my allergies and taking betaine hydrochloride acid after every meal helps a LOT! You should try not to eat four hours before bedtime.

* tinnitus sufferers seem to be super prone to the effects of food. We're especially susceptible to "shit foods" all the food that is made from by-products, additives and sugars. The sound is a whistle signaling too much toxins in the body whether it be from foods to thoughts. The spiritual tri-system of mind, body and soul is more relevant and vital to tinnitus sufferers because we are by far the most sensitive.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Julia, I've had spikes like that after various treatments, including acupuncture, chiropractic, etc. Twice, after having acupuncture, my T spiked, plus I had vertigo. One time, the vertigo was so bad that I could hardly eat for two days. Those spikes proved to be temporary, and my tinnitus went back down to its former level. Please don't give up; I know it's bad and your tinnitus is shrieking at you. It should settle down soon!! How are you doing now? Please keep us posted!

5. Youllbefine

Youllbefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2010
      Ps. Last Sunday and Thursday night were rough... I live in Houston too

6. Polar-Bear

Polar-Bear Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2012
      Hi AT, I hope you are doing better. I had a rough night on Friday and was scared that my T was getting worse. Plus I have been getting migraines due to this. Now it seems to have softened again. I bought a noise generator yesterday, so I'm hoping it helps with my sleep at night. Keep us posted and wishing you a better day.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AttackingTinnitus

AttackingTinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2012
      Thanks for all of your posts. I normally take Xanax and was trying to get it filled since late Fri., but my freakin drs would not call me back so they can call in this prescription. I am not going to lie to you guys, my T spike so bad, haven't eaten since Wed. (as of this am all I had is a protein shake, I am very weak), my husband and son are doing everything they can to calm me down but they don't know what to do. I scared myself, I went in the kitchen to go grab a knife and my husband stopped me, this is what this Tinnitus had done to me....taken my life.

Now, I am scared to go back to the Upper cervical chiro. to let him continue...I am scared it's going to make it worse. Before I was able to sleep, now I am lucky if I get 3 or for hrs. of sleep....I don't know what to do and I am scared beyond straight. If my T was going back down, shouldn't it have already? It's been since Wed. since my adjustment.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AttackingTinnitus

AttackingTinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2012
      Youll be fine.....what part of Houston do you live in...I live near Reliant stadium.

9. Youllbefine

Youllbefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2010
      allen parkway

10. Youllbefine

Youllbefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2010
      Heres a list of what you can do immediately:

**MOST IMPORTANT: IT does get better..it does get better..it does get better you hear me...it does get better ! It does!

1. Can you go for a brisk walk, if so do it
      2. Do you have an i-phone, if so download an app called "Wakeupwith" there is a cricket sound in there that mimics my own sound and it does help. in not try the water faucet sound.
      3. Youtube has a video called " Hearing Test-20Hz to 20,000 Hz in 1 minute" listen to it, the sound will momentarily calm you...strange but it does
      4. You must eat but you must also stay away from foods that are high in salcylic acid you can find out why later for now most green vegetables, tomatoe, ALL JUICES, TEAS, SODAS. Water only. look up foods high in salcylic acid and stay away from there for now you can go back to eating normally later.
      5. I've had a lot of good luck with Betaine hydrochloric acid pills. I take two 250 mg after every meal...i dont eat past six and drink a lot of water. I also take a quarter klonopin every now and then and zyrtec d 12 hour at 2 pm that way it will last past the time i get to sleep.
      6. Did i say it gets better...it gets better...
      7. IF i were to say what the fundamental cause of tinnitus is i would have to say it is the fluids in your STOMACH that go haywire under stress which also causes anxiety and depression which when laying down get slightly worse. I also noticed when i get out of the shower it tends to be higher.
      8. Get an air cleaner
      9. This tinnitus is a body alarm essentially telling you there is way too much stress in your head and your health and eating habits need to be seriously looked at by none other than YOU.
      10. im carefully saying this part because i certainly want you to eat..but be careful with what goes into your body for now...just for now..you can go back to some normalcy in a bit.
      11. IT GETS BETTER.

• Like Like x 1
    11. Youllbefine

Youllbefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2010
      12. If you can get to the beach for even a day..do so...the benefit is the sound of the water. Sometimes those few hours of walking calm you down enough for your body to get a grip. I think every single person that has had or has tinnitus has had a couple of weeks of introduction ! It kicks your ass...but again, not only does it get better. the benefit is you become stronger inside and out because this thing FORCES you to eat better, think better, do better all because you wish the fucking thing to go away....but then, after you start noticing it going way...and you realize how much youve done to make it go away...and you see yourself...you start realizing it was a gift....because nothing else would force you to make sooo many changes for your own betterment....it does get better...i promise you it does.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      AT,

I'm not sure if this will help, but it helped me when I was at my worst (and I go back to it):

Power Over Panic by Bronwyn Fox (PDF)

Also, my doctor had me hit the MoodGYM, and I have to say on one of my worst days, just following the course on that site gave me a sense of calm that gave me real hope I could get on top of this; it's "just" a web site, but it made me feel normal again for a while (not entirely, and not forever), but the main thing is that I had a very real demonstration of how what you're thinking about changes how you feel; nothing had changed *except* what was going on in my head.

DD

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AttackingTinnitus

AttackingTinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2012
      DD and You'll be fine,

Thank you, thank you for the encouragement. I called my Upper cervical chiro and he recommended that I continue his treatment and NOT stop that we/he needs to work through this. This past Fri (after hours) - Sun it was sooo bad because my doctors would not call me back afterhours to call in my Xanax. Thank God, they called it in yesterday and for lunch I went to go pick it up. All is can say is that XANAX SAVES MY LIFE. On Sunday, without the Xanax, it got so much the best of me that I abruptly ran to my kitchen because I couldn't take it anymore and I felt my life was over that I actually just picked up a knife sliced my left wrist. I bled bad but it didn't penetrate because it was dull. My husband freaked out and grabbed me and all I can do is fall my knees and say "I can't do this anymore, I feel like a schizo....but with sounds in my head instead of voices". I realized afterward what I did was WRONG, so don't worry, I won't EVER do something like that again, but it was done out of desperation thinking my life is over.

You see, I am already a highly anxiety and panicky person, I am the WRONG person to be getting something like this. I am just thankful I have my Xanax now which when taken and kicks in, it automatically pushes the sound down lower. My Nephew, who is in the Navy, has Tinnitus severely from Iraq, etc. He didn't know about taken Xanax so I told him yesterday about getting on it. He asked me "do you get nauseous from it T? which is what happened to me over the weekend, just sick.

One last thing, I do have SEVERE acid reflux. Two times I had to go to the ER because the Acid went up into my windpipe and I couldn't breathe. I now take a Diuretic, Magnesium, Lipo-Flavenoids, Xanax every morning and drink nothing but water. That's all I've ever drank. My ENT said you need to get your sodium content down. Thanks for being there for me and the advice.

Since I live in the Houston are, I want so badly to start a Tinnitus Foundation and I bet I would drag people from out of the woodworks that have this condition. I think if more Tinnitus sufferers do things together like Cancer Foundation people do, would be great. We have a problem, yeah it might not be deadly, but it can cause one to think the dark side. I just want to help someone so they don't make the mistake and do what I did this past weekend. I want to help badly.

If anyone lives in Houston area and wants to put one together, I am so in.

Julia

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AttackingTinnitus

AttackingTinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2012
      DD, thanks for posting the link below:
      Power Over Panic by Bronwyn Fox (PDF)

I printed it out and will read it this coming Thanksgiving weekend. I went thru the Attacking Anxiety many, many years ago when I first got it and didn't know what it was. I couldn't breathe, it attacked me at different times, but after listening to the "cassette tapes" yes, it was that long ago, but I felt better afterward and I had this under control. This high anxiety started back in June after I got this Tinnitus but amplified. I worry that I will be one of those that has it for the rest of their lives. I am praying so much that I don't or a cure comes along quickly.

Thanks for the link.

Julia

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AttackingTinnitus

AttackingTinnitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2012

Thanks Karen for your encouragement. What's weird is that after having a bad weekend, Monday at lunch time right before picking up my Xanax prescription, my ears felt as though tons of air was trapped inside my inner ear. When I would breathe or even walk the pressure was very weird inside my ears and I was scared my ear drums might rupture. I called my ENT and he said just continue my Diuretic to get rid of the sodium. This all happened around 11:00 am central time but when I was headed home after work, 4:30 pm, I noticed it was gone.

This is one time out of my 45 year old life, that I feel like my health is just going downhill after getting this Tinnitus.

16. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Severe tinnitus is horrible.

17. Youllbefine

Youllbefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2010
      So, here's the common denominator...at least with me and you karen. Anxiety, and acid reflux. Heres the reson i recommended you take Hydrochloric acid. The next phrase is taken from livestrong.com

" It may seem counterintuitive, but supplements of hydrochloric acid, or HCl, can help some people to relieve the symptoms of acid reflux, also known as gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. Popular wisdom and the big pharmaceutical companies maintain that this common

problem is a result of an overproduction of stomach acid, which is itself HCl. However, for many people, the problem is not too much stomach acid but too little."

* Note it is well known that anxiety causes all types of problems with your stomach and stomach acids.

Im finding more and more relationship between the stomach, anxiety and tinnitus....i think the answer is here.

ps. Betaine hydrochloric acid 650 mg is found at Wholefoods for about 12.00 for a bottle of 100. The ideal take is progressive 2 pills of 650 mg after every meal not to exceed 3 after every meal.. if you find a warm sensation in your stomach thats a signal that you should take one less of the pills..it will not harm you. IM taking it and it seems to REALLY be helping me.

by the way im 44.

18. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Julia, I'm so glad the Xanax is working for you! It seems like you filled that prescription just in the nick of time. I know how you feel, about the hopelessness, the panic, etc. Most of that has gone away for me, but I still have it sometimes.

That pressure that you felt in your ears may be the same kind of pressure many of us with tinnitus have from time to time. I still experience it a lot, even after 2 1/2 years of severe tinnitus. It is nothing to worry about, but it is very bothersome, that's for sure! It's as if there is some sort of cochlear imbalance that our bodies are trying to right. I feel like I have to keep popping my ears when it happens. And then, it just goes away by itself, for no reason.

I think having a support group for tinnitus sufferers is a great idea. Wish there was one near me; I'd support it!

Youllbefine, thanks for the information about acid reflux. It sounds like the hydrochloric acid is working well for you. I do have acid reflux, but it isn't severe. My severe tinnitus was most likely caused by an ototoxic drug (blood pressure meds) that I took 2 1/2 years ago. But, you're right, we do have a lot of common denominators, and our personality types (worrier, perfectionist, etc.) may be similar as well. Take care, everyone!!

19. Don H

Don H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      Julia, hang in there. You are doing great. I love the Xanax thing although I've never taken it. Everybody is totally with you cuz when you got it (T), you really get it. Your Don is doing a great job supporting you too. Your stress and tinnitus love to feed off each other. Time for you to show them both who's boss. You can do it girlfriend. I know you can!

20. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hi Julia, I remember in my onset month I used to vomit after breakfast because I couldn't keep
      down the food, the noise made me literally sick and the stress and insomnia made me lose weight rapidly. I went from 180lbs to 145lbs in about 3 months.
      It took me over a year to get my weight back.
      Hope you're ok, hang in there.

Dan

21. mike

mike Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 1/2 months
      You hang in there, I
      also take xanax at night to help me sleep. I have had it it so bad it was hissing in the front and the back of my head. I knew I was not going to make it . I just keep on going and going. It will go down. I know because I have been through Hell. I know you are suffering. You just keep holding on and you will see.

22. Don H

Don H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      Hi Julia , thinking about you today. Remember, You are not alone. Don

23. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Julia, How are you doing this weekend? Feeling any calmer? I hope things have improved for you.

24. Don H

Don H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      Hi Julia , thinking of you today. Hang in there. Don

25. mock turtle

mock turtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/26/1992...habituated after 2 years; 11/04/11 new outbreak
      julia,

i sympathize...i just got back from a cross country trip by car...crossed several high mountain passes thru utah and nevada on my way to pick up I-5 and head north thru calif back home to the pacific northwest

i was trying to avoid the snow that hit the usual route on the interstate thru idaho

so

took some crazy desolate, back roads, east to west

im guessing that the up and down over and over again, somtimes as high as 7,500 feet at the mountain passes hurt my ears

they are..... ringing...off...the ...hook

youlbefine,

you make some great points...yes the junk and stuff in our foods clearly aggravates tinnitus...while on the road i had occasion to eat "fast" food...what a mistake

26. Jon Wayne

Jon Wayne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      It doesn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
    27. Polar-Bear

Polar-Bear Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2012
      Hi mock turtle, I know my father has T and when he drives anywhere he says that his T goes through the roof for a day or two. He believes its the pitch of the engine that does this. Maybe a set of foam ear plugs may help. Yes and fast food mostly contains MSG which is another neural stimulator which is most likely not a good thing. I hope it goes down for you again.

• Like Like x 1
    28. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      :eek: It doesnt'???
      @##$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      Dan, It certainly can, and you have no reason to give up hope. Stay positive.

30. Don H

Don H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      Hi Julia,
      Still thinking of you. I know you can get by this. We were all there once. :) :)