Scary Spike: Head or Ear?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Leah, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      OMG this is a tough one, usually these kind last for a few seconds but this is staying and has me worried.
      Just venting to those who know what it is like. Thank you all.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      my longest fleeting tinnitus was 1h30 minutes, i don"t experience deafness when these happen so it's no big deal.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Thank, spikes are difficult .

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Prolonged severe spikes are really difficult to endure. I've had quite a few over the years but they always passed. I just want to give you some hope that your spike will come to an end too.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Thank you for your kindness. Today is hard.

• Hug Hug x 2
    6. Amy
      Tired

Amy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Currently in the middle of my worst spike yet (going on 2 weeks now) so I feel you. I hope this goes down but it's hard to be optimistic about it, especially when it's making it hard to sleep or concentrate... Ugh.

7. Luke123497
      Wisdomatic

Luke123497 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      Started to experience my first major spike in my 5 months of having it yesterday so I now definitely understand.. Just hope it gets better for the boh of us soon :)

8. David J
      Confused

David J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2011
      The spikes come often for me. I have found that they can perpetuate my "T" in its severest form if I allow it. Spikes tend to cause me to dwell on the noise EEEEEEEEEEEEE. The more I think about it, the more evident it is. If I don't get off my ass and do something to get out of my head, then it can become quite maddening. Thing is, I've learned that only I can control my "T"...............I cannot allow it to control me! It is not unlike anything else that is unpleasant in life that we must deal with. I just needed to develop coping skills that work for me. Maintaining a positive attitude in the face of adversity isn't easy, but if you can learn to do it, the payoff is a better life! Try it...................:puppykisses: