Second "tone" added?... after 13 years!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Philip83, May 8, 2014.

1. Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moped (2001) Noise blast (2014) Club (2017) Snowboard (2018)
      I've had a very high pitched noise induced tinnitus for over 10 years. I habituated fairly quickly and have been living a good life ever since.

Three weeks ago however, I had an accident with my stereo suddenly jumping to full volume with me being right in front of the speakers. A couple of days later the worst spike I've ever had started and is still going on. My high pitched sound is louder and screechier and more unstable than ever, still at this point. But even more annoying and weird is that I only two days ago noticed a very low pitched tone in my right ear, at around 485Hz. I thought it was just my brain going nuts in general over the spike, but now two days later the exact tone is still there.

What makes it super annoying is that these two sounds that I now have are very far away from each other in character and frequency, and even though the high-pitched sound is very loud at the moment this difference per-say drives me nuts. The high-pitched sound is annoying when there are other loud noises around me, and in my daily life, but at least l had the "silence" of only being with me and my tinnitus sound when I was going to sleep for ex, which was fine. Now however, I have the low pitched sound bugging me when it's quiet, and feel I can't find refuge in either silence or noisy environments anymore. :(

Does anyone have any experience with having a high pitched tinnitus and getting low pitched sounds and in the mix during spikes? If so, have these gone away again for you as the spike settles? (If it will that is... I'm kind of worried now since this one has been going on much longer and been much more severe than anything I've experienced during my 13 years with tinnitus)

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      Philip- from my past experience any spike I get with minor sound exposure ..T goes back to normal base Line in few days . Did you T subside now ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. tychobrae
      Alone

tychobrae Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2008
      I have several different sounds, all very different, including high and low tones. I find that at any one time one or two of them will dominate, then they will change around. I find the best thing I can do is to have some sort of sound around me all the time - preferably a variable sound like music, just white noise doesn't do it for me any more - so I have something else to focus on, and try not to stress about it.

4. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      Philip
      I don't have any experience with multiple sounds (I know a lot of people do, though); I have had spikes (really bad ones). They lasted a few days and then subsided.

Your ears can (and do) heal and recover; just really slow.

Mark

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Philip83
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The low frequency tone has gone away! Took like 5 days. The spike of the high pitch is still going on though.. in it's fourth week now, but it's been getting better... Hopefully it will subside too back to the normal baseline...Thanks for the cheer-ups!

• Like Like x 2
    6. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      I have gained so many new tones during my time I stopped counting. It's like a full orchestra.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Philip83
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Is your T noise enduced?

8. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Part of it probably is, but since the onset some years ago I've been avoiding loud noises and it's still gotten ten times worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Nathaniel Teposo
      Anime

Nathaniel Teposo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 1, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced trauma
      i have the same experience when my drummer hit the simbalce when we are playing in our church and i didn't wear my ear plug. sometimes its bad and some other times it calms down and the only relief that i can have is when im listening to music or going out with my friends.