Seems I've Always Had Tinnitus...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RVee, Jan 23, 2015.

1. RVee
      Frustrated

RVee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1970's
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown-seems like I've always had it
      Howdy all. Seems I've always had tinnitus. Right ear has always been louder than left ear. I always thought it was normal and everyone had the ringing. I had also heard nothing could be done about so hadn't really tried anything. Recently the ringing in both ears has gotten louder. Seems to have gotten loud enough I have to strain to hear in normal conversations. Not sure my wife understands how loud this is and why I have to keep asking her to repeat what she has said. Anyways, here to see if there is anything that helps.

2. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/1993
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock Shows
      I've never found anything that helps, but maybe others on here have? I realized a while ago that I tend to look at people's mouths when they talk instead of their eyes to help me understand what they're saying. Otherwise, I tend to ask them to repeat themselves a lot.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RVee
      Frustrated

RVee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1970's
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown-seems like I've always had it
      I tend to do the same, plus turn my left ear towards them a little since the ringing in it is only about 3/4s of the right ear.

4. Joe Blow

Joe Blow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/1993
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock Shows
      Mine is the same in both ears (*surround sound*), but I've had it so long it's second nature at this point.