Setback

Discussion in 'Support' started by traveler, Jun 30, 2014.

1. traveler

traveler Member

Hi people. I got H about a year ago. Then I recovered about 99%.

Then I relocated. I shouldn't have done it probably. There was some construction noise here and I have a setback or something now. I haven't had setbacks in months really.

I've been crying my eyes out the last couple weeks now. I thought this was behind me.

Street Spirit you had some similar problems?

What can I do? I'm going to try to go to the doctor tomorrow. I want to get anti inflammatory or steroid type drugs.

Some people think this is mind over matter type stuff. If you have a good attitude you'll be better. I think it's true a little. But I think that's only like 1/3 of it maybe.

I've just been crying so much now. Please help if you can. Thank you.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      I don't have H, but when my T calms down for a few days to a week then spikes up again, I get really discouraged. T

Eventually, the T calms down again. This will happen with you too! You will get through this!

3. Hi traveler, sorry to hear of your setback. I am in a pretty bad one too and I have no idea why to be honest. I don't know what to say except I am sure you will recover once again. I have heard of others being fine and after quite some time hitting a setback..while its pretty awful I am sure you will recover. How did you recover before?

It's not just mind over matter. I tried that approach and it has made me worse. There is definetley something physical happening here.

4. @traveler how are you doing now? Did you try any drugs?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      traveler

traveler Member

I had clorazepam and some steroids for about a week. It seemed like it kind of nipped it in the bud.

Yesterday wasn't good though. I also tried another medication called oxazepam I guess. I think I might be reacting bad to it or something.

6. What is oxazepam?

7. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Who told you it was mind over matter???