Shower Question

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mpt, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Mpt

Mpt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      I've noticed that my tinnitus is worse after taking a shower, anyone else have this happen to them? Sometimes is also increases after riding for 30 mins or so on the interstate.... are my ears so sensitive that these sounds are causing damage?

2. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Sometimes mine is a little louder after a shower. It's always temporary though. I don't notice after driving on the free way though.

My only guess is maybe after the shower you suddenly don't have the noise of tghe shower. So maybe it's just a big contrast.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Hey Mpt no its not damage I have the same experience. I forget the name of it but for some people they can perceive the t as louder after a shower. As for the road my ears get stuffed a bit and again the t gets a bit louder. I think you're safe

4. Boxdra

Boxdra Member

Mine is also louder, but its temporary

5. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Yeah, mine gets louder after the shower - usually the left ear is drowns out the right one, but after the shower both ears seem to buzz. I have a feeling it is something due to the steam. That being said, have just come out the shower and my T is still low - success! I am sure the same will happen to you as well.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mpt

Mpt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      I wonder if "normal" people have increased sensations after a long shower.... Do any if you have reactive tinnitus to other sounds

7. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      My T doesn't really react except in the shower. Sometimes I think that it gets louder when I am lying down, though that maybe because it's silent and I can hear it more, because I have napped during the day and it hasn't changed the noise. To be honest the sound doesn't change because of anything external other than the shower.

8. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Besides the noise contrast, some people experience increased t with temperature changes.

9. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      I haven't experienced it getting louder after a shower or driving on the interstate. I have noticed that sometimes white noise makes it louder--like today at work--I used the noise because my T is loud and when I turned it off--my T was louder.

I don't think you are doing any damage.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      My T actually decreases in volume after shower .

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    11. 20 mins in the car increases my volume a bit, goes back down after a while. The shower does the same.

12. DanielJP
      Curious

DanielJP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      That's so weird! It happened to me yesterday too. I was listening to the SimplyRain app on my iPad (airplay to my sound system), since it's soon soothing, but when I turned it off my tinnitus was louder than before. I wonder why..

13. Miss lavender

Miss lavender Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus
      My tinnitus decreases a great deal after a shower.

14. WestCoastGirl85
      Buzzed

WestCoastGirl85 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic ear drops getting into inner ear canal
      I can notice mine more after I get out of the shower, but I try and ignore it.