Since April 2014

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Karen2014, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Karen2014

Karen2014 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2014
      Hello I have this "T" in my head 24/7 , my eyes hurt when I move quick , my head hurts :-( .... And when I sleep it's like a strum of a guitar loud in my head and wakes me :-( .... I ve no reason why it's started just has .......not been to docs yet think I will go in morning I can't stand it no more :-((((

2. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      Hi Karen2014,

It's good you're going to the doctor to rule anything out. It could be something medical. If he or she says nothing is wrong, please don't despair. Many things can be done for tinnitus.

Have you been to this site before? There are lots of ideas that will help you sleep. Sleeping is the most important thing you can do for tinnitus. It helps with your anxiety and stress, and it will probably lower your noise. Most people find their tinnitus is much louder if they don't sleep well.

There are also supplements you can take that might help your tinnitus quiet down. And, please know, that most people with tinnitus will get better on their own once their anxiety and depression are under control. And it sounds like you probably have anxiety and perhaps depression too. This happens to many people when they first get tinnitus. After you see your ENT, perhaps you should see your family doctor and see what he or she suggests.

Please know that you will get better--no matter how loud your tinnitus or how desperate you feel. There are dozens of success stories at TT of people in real pain, suffering just like you, but they were able to heal and now live normal lives. And they are mainly here to help others in pain.

Here is a link to supplements that people find helpful:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/supplements-tinnitus-—-what-do-you-take-what-should-i-take.1253/

I take melatonin, 3 mg sustained release, to help me sleep. I also listen to water sounds.

But I wouldn't take anything until you've seen a doctor. Melatonin, for example, should not be taken with anti-depressants.

And I hope you are listening to masking sounds, like the water sounds I use. This site includes masking sounds. You can also find apps that offer them for free or even YouTube. It's just important to give you mind something to focus on besides your tinnitus.

Take care and keep us posted! I know you'll get better soon!:)

• Informative Informative x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Karen2014

Karen2014 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2014
      Hi thanks for your reply , I will try the things you advised thanks again:) I did not go to doctor on Friday it was closed so need to wait till ruse I guess two more days won't hurt lol x

4. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Karen, Jazz gave you excellent advice. I just wanted to add that "The Positivity Thread" under support is a great tool for tinnitus. Let's hope the doc just finds a big gob of wax in your ear...

• Like Like x 1
    5. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Karen welcome to the family,I'd to wait until you see your dr,hope you looked up the link Jazz said to do,sometimes they can stop you worrying.lets know what dr says ,plus others on site will give you good advice,were all on the one boat with tinnitus and problems that sometimes go with it.Ive learnt a lot from TT. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
    6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Karen2014,

It's great to welcome another Karen to the Tinnitus Talk forum! I'm sorry you're having such a bad time right now, and hope you're able to get some answers from your doctor. Jazz's advice is excellent, and we are all here to support you and to help one another.

A question: Do you know if you have any hearing loss? Sometimes it can happen gradually so you don't notice it, and can sometimes cause tinnitus to develop.

Please do keep us posted on what the doctor says, and on how you're doing.

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Like Like x 1
    7. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Karen, are you doing any better today...