Sixth Day on a Row With a Non-Stop Giant Drone and Vibration

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rachel Murray, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Rachel Murray
      Amazed

Rachel Murray Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      I don't know what to do more - it was bad enough to have my tinnitus sounds, usually 4 or 5 different ones at the same time, between ringing and car engine, but at least I could mask them with music, TV or going to the balcony.

For 6 days now that it is stronger and impossible to mask. Today is worse than ever: the drone/vibration is loud and fast and I can't even think.

I feel totally lost and desperate - is this getting worse? Will it never get back to "normal" (I mean, able to mask with outside sounds)?

If we are talking of hair cells here and I feel the T stronger, especially the low frequency one (the drone / motor/ vibration) does it mean my hair cells are now even more damaged?

I don't know what to think. I want to be strong and I was finally accepting this thing, but now it's impossible to bear and I don't know what to do. I don't want to cry, but I'm so scared.

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Rachel could it be related to the plane ride somehow?

3. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Rachel, ....Was this change triggered by something that happened or did it occur for no apparent reason?

4. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Rachel still not good ,you've had this since night mid holiday,think you need to go see dr ,didn't pick up ear virus from the pool water on holiday,that's been known to happen.How do you feel in general.?
      Go get dr to check you out.Dont be feared,it will be okay. xxx