Tinnitus Slowly Dissapearing (Knock on Wood)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by shreddAr87, Jan 31, 2016.

1. shreddAr87

shreddAr87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music...history of anxiety/depression...earplugs idk
      My symptoms started in mid October of 2015. Woke up with strange ringing sound which for the longest time I thought was in my head. Turns out I was hearing distant machinery but I was hearing it abnormally loud. Like as in I don't think my surrounding neighbors heard it like I did. So something was indeed wrong.

Next thing I know refrigerators, central air/heating, computer fans pretty much anything mechanical was louder than normal and giving off strange resonance kind of like low frequency Morse code.

Work was the worst because of all the PCs and giant refrigerator for medication, not to mention the giant SP200 robot that had a giant constant fan.

This went on for 3 months before I said enough is enough I'm going to make some changes.

I moved from that apartment into a house that is extremely quiet inside. Although within close proximity to old apartment I couldn't hear that stupid machinery that started this all. Slowly, and I mean slowly, my symptoms started tinnitus change. Mechanical things weren't resonating as much and I started to get a beeping in my right ear.

The sound and frequency is the same as when you yawn really big and get that whine in your ear except would get it in a pulsing manner and I wasn't even yawning. For some reason it didn't really bother me and it eventually went away.

So I'm doing pretty well driving down the road smoking a cig when this loud as fuck car drives by with my window down and blasts my left ear. I was pretty pissed. As soon as I got home I checked for damage and there it was.. A constant high pitch wine. This bothered me and I started to get down.

It went on for three days and I woke up on the fourth day and it is gone. In silence I hear a slight whine but it sounds like silence. I think its what I've always had before this nightmare happened.

There you have it that's where I'm at right now. I changed nothing about my lifestyle (still drank, smoked cigs 4-7/day, lil ganja) however I will never smoke a cig in the car again so that I never have to worry about some assholes car that's ridiculous loud.

I still wish I could have a round or two in the ring with that bozo.

Feel free to ask me questions I left a lot out because as you know tinnitus is complicated and this post is already too long with no paragraphs.

• Like Like x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Jahhsoul
      Curious

Jahhsoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/24/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown (not acute acoustic trauma).
      So you had moderate tinnitus, then severe tinnitus for 4 days and then you returned to your moderated tinnitus? Or is your actual tinnitus lower than the one you had in October?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      shreddAr87

shreddAr87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music...history of anxiety/depression...earplugs idk
      Well it's hard to say because of how different all the symptoms have been. The beeping went away which was in my right ear. The noise distortion is slowly going away as well. The constant high pitch wine is wear it gets tricky because ever since I was a kid I recall being able to hear "something" in complete silence. Like a gentle whine. I think everybody hears this... the sound of silence. My girlfriend can hear it and if she concentrates can hear it when things aren't even completely silent. So it's hard to say because I can hear something in silence but whether or not it's normal is impossible to say. I certainly notice it more but that's because I'm in a state of hyper awareness.

• Like Like x 1