Slowly Going Away

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Sorin, Jan 5, 2016.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      It's been a month since I updated, it's been a while now since I've stopped taking Tador. The T in this past month is at a very low volume, I would say it is at about 1 maybe 2/10 and it doesn't bother me at all. Yeah, I can hear it from time to time, but I forget about it in a matter of seconds. There have been so many days when I never even thought about it. I've noticed spikes when I've been a little bit cold (outside), listening to music a bit louder in my headphones (goes away in a few minutes) and masturbating (again, goes away in a few minutes). The spikes were the loudest when I was cold outisde and went away a little bit harder. Don't know how it will react if I go to a club/cinema/stadium without ear plugs. I've had T for 4 and a half months now.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Keep us posted. I'm 14 days in and fluctuating as well.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      One month since my last update, the T is still the same as it was a month ago. I've had a week when it was really loud, when I ran outside and I sweat a lot, my hair was all wet and it was a little bit cold outside. I've noticed a day long spike when I was in a car and the windows were down for a while. Other than that, it's still at a low volume, it doesn't bother me and I rarely think about it. I think it's a combination of the volume lowering, being warm outside and me getting used to it.

4. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      If you don't have auditory nerve damage and no hearing loss, you will be fine

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
      I go my T after moving into a new house. after hearing a hum from a powerline and realizing I moved next to this hum. I had a panic attack. well, a lot of panic attracts from the move. First the T starting in my house only at night, then just in my house day and night. then next to the server room at work and now almost all the time. It's been 2 months since the first flash of T and 2 weeks about it hit is peak. its not the 10 it was 2 weeks ago but It always there now. I worry it wont go.

6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      conjecture: when we start paying lots of attention to sensory data which we had been ignoring up until that point, we're "training" the brain to treat that data as important, and the brain responds by getting better at detecting and processing that data.

There are, no doubt, all kinds of obnoxious high-frequency noises in your server room. I personally think the likely situation is that something has happened to your hearing as a result of stress/aging/attention, and now you've become sensitive to things that you were not previously sensitive to. Some people would probably suggest that you've become sensitive to electricity, and that the EM fields from power lines / computers are messing with you... but there's no real data to suggest that such a thing is possible.

7. trocobob

trocobob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe stress ?
      It could be because of stress. In the first 2 months it has an increasing level like mine. Then it will fade gradually.

Do not worry. Just try to change you life style : eating good , not having négative thinking and reaction toward it , avoid stress and anxety.

Note : the process is in the most of time too slow and take months.

Regards

8. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the encouragement. It really helps.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For me: Aspartame Poisoning. For Ent: L: TMJD / R: Dunno
      This is the hard part for me: what did you do to avoid negative thoughts?

10. Ricardo1991
      Fine

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Signs seem to point to head/ neck injury!
      When I saw people on this forum freaking out suffering for years and stuff, I started to develop this attitude that this will not defeat me. That I will beat this even if it doesn't go away, I wouldn't allow this to get to me and stop me from being happy. Since then I've taken vacations, I've gone hiking, I've started new hobbies, etc. Honestly did great things for myself.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. trocobob

trocobob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe stress ?
      Lol. Simply think that it will not die because of it and it will goes away by time. It could be a long or short time. But in the end it will fade out.

Try to recuperate again your old life style.

When i had my T i forced myself to go to the gym. Practicing sport , taking time with freinds and family. And try to not isolate yourself on quieter rooms.

Good luck

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    12. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      you seem to have recovered relatiively quickly. have a success story to share?

• Funny Funny x 1
    13. i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For me: Aspartame Poisoning. For Ent: L: TMJD / R: Dunno
      LOL, my negative thoughts are about "Will it be there forever?" or "Is it going to be worse?" etc, they are not about death :p To be honest, from its onset, I never though if it was fatal, since I knew what T actually is ( my uncle had tinnitus too, so he told me what it was ). However it seems 4 months are not enough to talk about habituation, so I have to wait ;) Thank you :huganimation:

14. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Those negative toughs feeds the T. Anxiety can trigger your subconscious to put importance to the sound and hold on to it or raise the volume. many people have T and don't know it because their mind dismisses as not important. Keep thinking this T isn't important. its not worth my brains time. there is a theory that every has T but everyone habituates it, and we just need to re-habituate it. SO don't "wait" just live, waiting is worrying. The less importance you give T, the better for habituation.

15. trocobob

trocobob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe stress ?
      Hi

Im still in recovery phase , now Im much better than before ( the first 3 months)
      it is now 1/10 compared to the 5/10 - 6/10 in the fisrt months . I dont use ear plugs or any other masking sounds . and I can go to Gym / streets with loud musics ... sleeping is normal ..
      I promise you to post my sucess story when I feel that is the exact time .

dont worry by time it will goes away , and dont try to isolate yourself or habituate yourself in quieters rooms .

• Informative Informative x 1
    16. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      good to hear there is improvement, Bob. I'm (probably wasting my money by) seeing a CBT. He says I'm healing much faster than most. A month in and I get maybe 1-2 pretty bad days a week, sometimes 3 days in a row feeling like my old self. I sleep fine most nights. Compare this to the first 2 weeks where I felt like I was being electrocuted and I have hope for a moderately normal existence one day.

oddly I hear the dental drill MORE when I'm not in total silence. Plugging up my ears with molded earplugs and then putting noise cancelling headphones over them I barely hear it. I seem to get it worst at work, especially in the conference rooms with the old noisey projectors. it almost feeds off their noise.

17. trocobob

trocobob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe stress ?
      Yep , I understand .
      Im a teacher in Primary school , and Tinitus coincided with Fusioning two classes in one .lol
      I think that the effect was the revers . it helped me alot as my work was distracting me from thinking about it .
      In other side .T coincided with university exams ( which i think it was the causes of Stress + Anxety) ...but it was normal except some problems with concentration because of T.

I visited ENT 3 times : one of theme removed Earwax accumulation on Jan . After 2 months I visited it because ringing was still present and he priscribed me some Drugs and antipsychotic Meds which I refused to take . and I decided to face Tinnitus without drugs .

- the 2nd ENT suggested me to take Magnesium ( 100%) + Vit6

So this was my last visits to doctors .

Recomended daily foods which I suggest ( as im living in a Mediteranian country):
      - Dried figs
      - Warm lemon + honey( should be natural) in the morning on an empty stomach
      - Fruits
      - Dates

hope that you will be fine in the next weeks .

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      One month since my last update. The T is at it's lowest, some sort of hissing. It doesn't bother me at all anymore. The only time it's getting louder, is when I go to sleep and the room is completely quiet, but even then it's not bothering, the volume is not that high and I've gotten used to it. So again, not bothering me at all, I very rarely think about it, it's great. My only worry is that I don't know how it will react if I go to the cinema, club, stadium even with ear plugs.

• Like Like x 1
    19. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Same here, i think i have fully habituate and it has been super low.
      right now im "coping" cause it spiked, and when it spikes i feel a little desperate.
      my worry right now, is if i should go to cinema, or clubs.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      If you go, wear plugs in my opinion

Currently having a spike, it started 4 days ago when I got a cold. When I cover my nostrils and blow, I can't feel my ears pop, nothing happens. Could this and the T have something to do with the sinuses being clogged or something?

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sorin

Sorin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      3 months update, the T is at its lowest, that spike I was talking in my last post went away after a few days. I'm never bothered by my T, the volume is very low and I've gotten used to it anyway. I've noticed like a week going by and not thinking about my T at all. Still haven't been to a loud place like a club or cinema, but I'm definitely going to buy earplugs when I do. My T doesn't spike at all, not even when I listen music with my headphones. I went and had 2 MRIs and the machine was pretty loud (I didn't want to put headphones in there), but my T didn't spike at all. I'm very happy and realize the fact I got lucky this time, I am very grateful for this.

22. Janetita

Janetita Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Why why why???? Does tinnitus have to be so difficult to cure???? Nobody has a
      Solution to this desease....