So What Has Actually Worked for You?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Trey Moran, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Trey Moran

Trey Moran Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, I assume loud concerts and continued noise.
      I've tried a few things I've read about over the years but nothing has helped. Mine is pretty bad. I can't hear certain tones at all. I can't hear when someone is whispering to me. Can't hear quiet movie/tv dialog. If someone is talking to me and there is background noise I have a hard time hearing them. I have a constant ring + buzzing in both hears, all the time. I can hear it actually change pitch at times...sometimes a different pitch on each side it seems. Most days I can tolerate, some days it drives me crazy and leaves me with a headache. I can hear low bass tones VERY well and I assume that's because the upper tones are blocked out. I can hear the extremely quiet and low hum of a ceiling fan when no one else in the room can. Just curious what has helped ease or reduce in others that have this to a severe degree. I am attributing mine to too many 80's rock concerts, being in a garage band, excessively loud car stereos & headphones, working in a machine shop with no ear protection and sitting next to a loud server rack for a couple of years. I first noticed the ringing in about 2000-2001 when I quit caffeine for the first time. Since then its been constant no matter my diet or beverage habit.

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      when i am really engaged i stop noticing my tinnitus. on a good day , maybe 60 mins are like that in total. the rest is shit

• Like Like x 1
    3. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      What is it that makes some people able to habituate, and other continue to suffer from it years even decades later?

Is it volume and tone, ability to be masked, or differences in the way people process sound?

I ask because I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to habituate to this. It has just been 24/7 torment for the last 6 months, and I don't feel I'm even close to getting used to it. Hope that it may decrease in volume or that it will bother me less in time kept me going, but the longer time goes on the less likely that seems. I have seen a lot of people come here very distressed at the start then seem to get better and move on in 3 to 6 months.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Elgringo32
      Depressed

Elgringo32 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic traumatism
      @Alue does your situation is worst since you had AM101 injections ?