So What Is Life with Tinnitus to You?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Enrique, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months

Well there you are I suppose : My life was shit before and after tinnitus.?!? Thant is not important. I had 2 x 11 tretments with HBTO or HBO and i did not had any positive results, except when air is screeching inside i don't hear my tinnitus. Negative side is you can get perforated eardrum or irritated eardrum....

2. rachelfaye

rachelfaye Member

Tinnitus Since:
      february 2014
      Hi - I had hearing loss long before the T set in.

The hearing aids help occasionally because they raise the level of background noise a bit which masks the T. But I often don't feel a difference beyond just being able to hear conversations etc ...the usual benefits of hearing aids. And sometimes I turn them off because I don't want any more "audio input" at all - my brain is worn out from amplified sound and the T.

Sorry - I don't have a clear answer. It's "sometimes" to everything. Circumstances vary so much - amount of noise, type of noise etc . . .

Oddly - today I'm listening to a book on tape and it's helping -- maybe because it's mentally engaging and has a good tone?

3. Blair14
      Tired

Blair14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      @Enrique Great question for @billie48 I am questioning my purpose in life when I have been made a shadow of myself. I know my plans are not His plans, but this is so hard to deal with.

4. Bart
      Wtf

Bart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I went into the HBO chamber twice, 40 hours in total in combination with Medrol, did not do anything for my T.

5. JTP
      No Mood

JTP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shit happens
      It is a huge annoyance, but it won't define my life any more. I am not ok with it, but it won't stop me doing my thing any more. For the first 12 months or so it felt like a hot needle in my brain. That sensation gets duller little by little.

• Like Like x 1
    6. inadmin

inadmin Member

It's like living with a collar on your neck; you live in a constant feel that you are haunted by something, which of course you cannot escape. That brings depression and sadness.

I feel like someone robbed my life. My basic ability to just sit relaxed at any point of time.

• Hug Hug x 1