Sodium and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ben Jubel, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Ben Jubel
      Wishful

Ben Jubel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/05/2013
      I'm looking at this bag of Doritos. I'm worried that it will lead to an increase in my tinnitus :(

What other foods should I be aware of?

2. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Depends....everyone is different.....Doritos has MSG listed twice....that might be the worst thing in it. I don't eat Doritos but on the few occasions I did, I was fine......

3. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I am staring down a piece of birthday cake thinking the same thoughts.

4. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      Eat and enjoy IMO - I used to worry about it a lot, especially when it came to stuff like MSG. Then I realized that I would worry mostly when I was at home and had a chance to think about this stuff, but when I was out with my friends and eating I'd go auto-pilot, forget about the tinnitus and just eat whatever I wanted and forget about it. I don't notice massive spikes (if any) from salty food or MSG (I eat a LOT of Asian food), I drink coffee everyday and don't notice it either. It's super important to be healthy and watch what you eat but sometimes you have to enjoy yourself as well!

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. MT09
      Inspired

MT09 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress induced.
      I'm agreeing with @yonkapin on this one. Don't bother too much about tinnitus with everything in your life. Try it out first. If it doesn't affect you much, you're good to go. Don't miss out all the fun in life. Everyone has different experiences with different things. For example, coffee affects a few people, it increases their T but it doesn't for others. Try out whatever you want, verify if it affects you or not. If it doesn't, enjoy. If it does, find something else and enjoy that instead! :cool: