Somatic Tinnitus Now Followed by Pulsatile Tinnitus?!

Discussion in 'Support' started by bobbygolucky, Nov 14, 2020.

1. bobbygolucky

bobbygolucky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety
      I have been struggling with somatic tinnitus for two months now. MRI showed narrowing on one of the nerves on the right side from a previous rupture, but the sound is mostly on the left. Neck still bothers me, but otherwise no serious issues on MRI. CT of the ear area also came back completely clean.

I had started to deal better with the tinnitus, but a few weeks ago I noticed thumping of my heartbeat in my left ear when I would turn my head certain ways. I was hoping it was just due to one of my anxiety meds that had my sedentary heart rate in the higher 80’s low 90’s that I started three weeks prior. I stopped that a week and a half ago, but I still notice the thumping, though maybe less. It’s freaking me out because the last thing I need now is that getting even worse. Sometimes just cocking my head a little will cause it, but straight ahead is generally ok. When moving around working on something I will notice it happen as well.

My heart rate is back in the low 70’s, so that’s not the issue. We recently corrected my hypothyroid a little, but I can’t imagine it was enough to cause an issue, and I figure that would be a heart rate thing anyway. Blood pressure appears low as well. My Eustachian tube on the left side is still a pain, but I can’t imagine that’s at fault. My ear often just feels funny though.

I can’t imagine this has always been there and I’m just noticing it now. I was paying super close attention since the tinnitus started.

This also started up a week or so into my PT for my neck. But the ENT said my neck would have to be crazy swollen for any inflammation to be a problem.