Some Advice: Focus on Posture

Discussion in 'Support' started by threefirefour, Sep 29, 2017.

1. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      So I was browsing the site and found a poll that showed that a vast majority of the community has forward head posture. The fact that so many have it and tinnitus is probably not a coincidence. If you have somatic tinnitus try standing up against a wall with your head, ass, and heels against it completely. Walk off the wall and try to maintain this posture for as long as possible. You won't notice improvement right away but after a few days there's a good chance your tinnitus will begin to improve.

I've been doing this for a few days and my buzzing tinnitus has gone down a lot, but my back hurts bad. I desperately need to see a chiropractor or a masseuse...

Anyways just throwing my hat in the ring. My visual snow has also gotten better. I wonder if there's a correlation to that.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @threefirefour So true. Forward head posture for somatic tinnitus is listed in many professional articles. A bend forward neck from improper posture lifting, bending, dental procedure, accident with head trauma, muscle spasms and being under stress are all reasons for getting somatic tinnitus.

Next on the somatic list is the jaw and problems in the mouth. Often a neck injury will lead to TMJ and other teeth and mouth problems. Being off balance or having neck twisted or bend while getting ears cleaned can even cause somatic tinnitus.

If I only knew this which caused my first tinnitus along with the noise factor - syringing - and my second tinnitus years later from bending neck during dental procedure along with pressure being placed on jaw.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1