Some Advice on Getting an ENT Appointment

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jcb, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      hi guys.

I’ve been to visit the doctors today (4th time) as I was looking to get an ENT appointment just to check that there’s nothing sinister causing my tinnitus.

This is the 3rd doctor I have seen and again they keep telling me that it will go away as they think it’s to do with my sinuses still being a tad blocked.

I’m just so frustrated at the moment as they don’t seem to be taking it serious at all and to top it off I also keep hearing what can be only described as morse code beeps that come and go along with my regular hiss and high pitch (which has been changing tone a bit as well).

I think I’m just having a down day and will snap myself outa this but I’m wondering if I go to A+E would they schedule an appointment for ENT? Or do I just keep hounding the Doctors?

Had and hearing test and all was ok in regards to my hearing and no blockages they could see.

Just a tad frustrated today.

2. Tex

Tex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      My first trip to an ENT was a joke. I think he specialized in putting tubes in babies' ears and that was about it. He didn't have any hearing testing done. However, he referred me to what he called the top ENT in Dallas.

I researched the Dallas doc and I guess that about summed him up. They first did several different types of hearing tests and determined that I had Hyperacusis besides Tinnitus.

So....hundreds of dollars later I was told "Yep you have Tinnitus and Hyperacusis and learn to live with it." I still see him to evaluate the barely progressing hearing loss. I'm not sure I would still be going, but we have good insurance and the co-pay is low.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      Sorry about that buddy it can be so disheartening and frustrating to be basically told what you already knew.
      ENT seems to be so hit and miss with everybody, I’m in the UK so we have a different Heslth care in terms of paying. I’m fully aware there’s no cure as of yet but just want to get checked to see if i can find out what’s the cause of my T and rule out some things.