Some People Playing Dog Whistle Sound

Discussion in 'Support' started by vaseto99, Jun 2, 2018.

1. vaseto99
      No Mood

vaseto99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fuck if I know
      I was sitting on my pc when I heard a really loud sound (like a dog whistle).

At first I thought the tv was doing it but I realised that there are some kids sitting on the street outside playing it.
      I'm on the first floor but I dont think I was very close to them but the sound that they were playing through some device (maybe a phone?) felt so loud and now I feel a bit of pain in my left ear.

The sound felt loud until I closed my window, then I don't think I could hear it.

Should I be worried?

2. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Are the children who were blowing the whistle now deaf from being in close proximity to the noise? If not, then you are likely fine.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vaseto99
      No Mood

vaseto99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fuck if I know
      I dont know if they were children, its night in here and they looked like some teens. Also no idea if they are deaf now

• Like Like x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You should only get worried after something like that causes a spike that doesn't go away after three months. Until that happens, chances are your spike (if any) is temporary.

Having said this, you might want to have your Peltor muffs nearby whenever you open your window. This way you will be able to minimize the time during which you are exposed to the sounds that feel too loud to you.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vaseto99
      No Mood

vaseto99 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fuck if I know
      Unfortunately my tinnitus has spiken. I don't know what kind of device they were using but I could hear the noise the same level without matter of how far away from it I went. Even one of the guys with the person with the device asked him to stop it. I usualy don't wear any ear protection at all but I still got caught in a place I wouldn't even probably wear protection because I wouldn't even expect something like this to happen.

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I know exactly how you must be feeling. I've been there myself, many times. Having said this, it is not easy (although not impossible) to cause a permanent spike. Try not to get too upset, and give yourself time to recover. It is too early to know (one way or the other) whether what you have is permanent. Thus far it is still very likely that it is only temporary.