Something I'm Doing Is Working

Discussion in 'Support' started by John Young, Jul 10, 2018.

1. John Young
      Dumb

John Young Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April, 30th 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I have a very low ~6 kHz tone in my left ear that I can only hear if I plug my ear. In both ears I have a ~15 kHz electrical, pulsatile sound that sometimes gets noticeable even over traffic while driving down the interstate with the windows down.

I sleep until about 9:30 in the morning.

I wake up, immediately take:
      Zinc
      Vitamin B12
      Biotin
      Big gulp of Fish oil
      Apple Cider Vinegar
      2-3 drops CBD oil
      2-3 cups of coffee

Then around bedtime 2 more drops of CBD and 3 shots of vodka.

Since I started this, I have noticed that my tinnitus is completely gone for hours on end. I can wake up to silence and even if it does come back it is not loud enough to even bother me. I would appreciate any ideas or feedback. Even as I type this I have no low 6 kHz tinnitus and my high frequency tinnitus easily blends into background noises and is a non issue, for now.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Michellejean

Michellejean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus/ no clue
      How long have you been noticing improvements @John Young ?

What caused your tinnitus? This is great news for you nonetheless

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John Young
      Dumb

John Young Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April, 30th 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I'm not exactly sure of I got my T from very loud music or NSAIDs because I was doing both. I've been noticing overall improvements for about 2 weeks, but I've still had 2 days since then where it kinda came back.

4. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @John Young,

Thanks for sharing your regimen. Did a double take on the coffee and vodka however. It made me chuckle a bit, as they're both supposed to usually exacerbate tinnitus. Re: the vodka, from my understanding, it's somewhat similar to benzodiazapines--which help some here with their tinnitus.

Both are central nervous system depressants, which work by raising GABA levels in the brain. I'm extremely averse to taking benzodiazapines, but have considered whether I should use them--with great discretion. I wonder if alcohol might actually be a good substitute for benzos--and worth trying first. -- Congratulations on your improvements!

• Like Like x 1