Sounds That Sound Like Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joel31, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Joel31

Joel31 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Does anyone notice that certain noises turn into a tinnitus sound? For instance, the general humming noise of my fridge, or a PC.. or a heater. I have noticed from time to time even though they don't sound anything like a high pitched noise, my brain or ears are perceiving the sound as completely different. It comes and goes.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
      Unless MAYBE I have super hearing, and I am hearing sounds that others can't :eek:

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Aaron44126
      Balanced

Aaron44126 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Eustachian tube dysfunction (from infection / labyrinthitis)
      My tinnitus has changed a lot over the few months that I have had it. Recently I have been getting low pitched tones. Last week, I noticed that they are reactive (the first reactive tinnitus that I have had). Maybe sort of like you are describing. A few different things would kick it off, but one thing that often set it off was a laptop fan. I would hear the laptop fan sound, and also a low-frequency tone (in the range of 1400-2000 Hz) going along with it. I could put my ear up near the laptop and the tone would intensify. If the fan kicked up in speed, the tone would increase in frequency right along with it.

That's not happening anymore this week. Strange stuff.