Status Update: 8 Months Since Tinnitus Onset

Discussion in 'Support' started by martin12, Nov 25, 2014.

1. martin12

martin12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/2014
      I'm 8 months through Hell suffering T from a very bad head injury and finally seeing some light ahead of the tunnel.

My T the past 1 month has greatly decreased to some extent where i'm mostly attentive to it on the bathroom or just about when i go to bed.

The first 3 months my T was so loud i honestly thought my life was pretty much over. It was ROARING with all sorts of tones.

The first thing i noticed is that the reactive part faded. The second thing that has helped is exposing myself to normal things like bars, restaurants and yes even clubs.

At this stage I will say life is good, however still NOT great. I have a ways to go. I don't know what stage T becomes permanent or resolves but i wanted to post this note to those struggling heavily in the initial months. Hopefully the T will continue to get milder and milder however to those who don't believe that T will change after 6 months, i'll be the first to say boy is that doctor wrong.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      Who knows maybe it'll go away, in most cases it does from what I've heard.
      Tinnitus is tricky if you will, you have a great chance of losing it in the period of 1 year after 1 year it isn't that it's chronic as it's less likely to leave but I have heard of a couple of people who lost it after 2-3 years.
      Mine is 3.5/10 on the annoying scale on a bad day, on good days I either notice it and don't care or don't notice it at all, I'm just waiting for my reactive part to fade, my guess is its my hearing cells being sore from the noise exposure.
      Good luck, I hope the best for you :)

• Like Like x 1
    3. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Yea. Went out to bar tonite after many months. But being careful.

4. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      I think my T is getting better and thus my brain is having to adjust again and again to the new less aggressive T.

This is my 7th month with T.

5. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      @martin12 how's it going bud ? I suppose you have completed 11 months now. Mine is still loud sometimes but overall manageable. I noticed that workout makes it louder. Do you do resistance? Have you had your neck checked ?