Still Here - Feel Like I've Neglected You Guys!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cher69, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      Hi T family - I've been feeling a bit guilty, that I've not been around for you guys recently - life is marching on at 100 miles an hour for me at the moment and my T is becoming less and less a part of my life.

Im nearly 1 year into this and I am now hoping to get off the Anti-D's - started to reduce them already and Im gonna chat to the doc about just keeping a low level one that helps make you sleepy a little to keep me on the right road on the sleeping issues that have been my biggest hurdle.

Well Im currently watching my 16 yr old study for GCSE end of school exams - she is staying on for A Levels so Im a proud Mum.

Im working full time again and loving the challenges and dealing with them - Im stronger than I was a year ago in my self esteme I can deal with things I would once shy away from. So if things happen for a reason then my T has given me a hell of a year but I reckon Im a better stronger person now !

I promise to be back on-line more offering words of help to those just starting out or struggling with T - I wont leave my T family you guys have been my rock on many an hour

Sending hugs to you all - cher xx

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      This is the best kind of neglect Cher! And no need to feel guilty as long as you do share a bit of your success with us :p
      The start reduction of anti-d, your kid, back to fulltime work with new challenges, to see you stronger than one year ago.. Just as much as t can is a devastation, seeing you working your way to overcome it, using the tools from it on other aspects of life, is so life confirming.
      I'm often thinking about how much stronger a person one has to be with someting like t, so hearing in what direction you're going makes me as a fellow t-haver and humanbeing, feel proud. Super cool, heads up Cher, keep on living life and kick t's ass
      (y)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    3. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      So happy for you Cher. Agree 100% with Tenna :huganimation:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      It's great to hear from you again, Cher, and it sounds like you are doing well!! I'm glad you're going to continue coming here to Tinnitus Talk so you can help others. You're doing great!

Best wishes and hugs,
      Karen

• Like Like x 3
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      Thank you guys xx

• Like Like x 1
    6. Danny
      Fine

Danny Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      who are you and what have you done with cher?

7. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Cher!! So stoked you have a positive report for us here!! That first year is gnarly, and it sounds like you are having victory over T!! YEAH!! :D I also totally agree with Tenna. Keep living and enjoying life Cher!!

I too have been absent from TT for a bit and just wanted to also say HI to everyone!! Hope all you guys are doing well!!

Peace

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    8. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic

Hi Karen! Hope you are well!! :)

9. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Jeff M,

I hope you're doing well, too!

How is your tinnitus these days? Mine is about the same -- not bad most of the day, gets worse in late afternoon, calms down after dinner.

We've missed you, and hope you'll stick around! Love your always positive, upbeat attitude. It's contagious!!

10. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Hey Karen! I missed this post somehow! :wacky:

I am doing well thanks!! My T is still there, same as it has always been, BUT I am really doing OK with it!! As I posted some months ago, I never thought I'd "learn to live with it"!! But I am. (But don't get me wrong, I'd really rather not have it!!). :D
      Life is good and too short to let T rob any of us of joy and purpose!! (y)

Yeah, I don't know, I just got busy and distracted by a few other things and just realized I haven't visited my ole pals on TT!! I am definitely sticking around!! I need you guys!!!

Have a great weekend! :rockingbanana: (I am pretty sure I am the only one who uses this emoticon!)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    11. kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      That is so great to hear you are doing so well, it brings hope to all and shows with time and perservance you can do it!
      God Bless,
      Kevin

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    12. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Great to hear from you.stay strong!