Still trying to stay positive but I have a question: do you get numbness in the neck/face?

Discussion in 'Support' started by demi, Jan 17, 2014.

1. demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Does anyone else who has H&T ever get numbness in the face/neck ? My right ear is the side that gets fullness and pain with noise, but today a noise made my ear very full again (it had been subsiding), but now my right side of my face/neck are also numb.

Will this subside?

2. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi demi, i have been getting the exact same thing the past few weeks, my ears felt full on and off, then both sides of my face felt numb, for me it was anxiety, I'm so focused on my ears all the time my brain is playing tricks on me, me believing a noise increased my tinnitus my ears would react, along with the facial numbness, once I started calming down, stopped focusing on my ears so much it went away.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      @mick1987 I also suffer from anxiety, that may be it. Fingers crossed.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Demi I assure you it won't last, it will be gone soon, try to distract yourself, don't worry so much.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Demi, I would see my Dr if the facial and neck numbness does not subside, you too Mick. Tinnitus is what it is. I don't mean to scare anyone, but the facial and neck numbness sounds a little more serious. I hope I am way off base here...

6. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Gary, anxiety can cause a whole host of symptoms, it can cause numbness/tingling sensations all over the body. Sure get it checked out by the doctor if you are concerned, but the brain is on high alert, in a panicked state, the constant monitoring of tinnitus is causing these symptoms, the mind is a poweful thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Mick, I am well aware of the fight or flight reaction when having a panic attack, I used to get panic attacks and had the prickling numbing tingling psychical feelings, heart racing, hyperventilation etc. I thought these feelings were present when there was no panic attack. I must have missed something in the post. I stand corrected.

8. EdnaLegume
      Cheeky

EdnaLegume Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1999
      I've experienced the facial numbness that goes down one side or sometimes along my forehead. For me it's an anxiety symptom and it's quite common apparently.

9. Liesel

Liesel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2013
      I experience numbness in my chin and lower lip. Symptom of my TMJ syndrome supposedly.