Stress caused spike?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amelia, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Just wondering... I've recently had a few lovely low T days ( although I was making a conscious effort to mask more, not be in a silent environment, and try and switch off as soon as I thought about T)

But last night my young son had a fall and I panicked. I was alone with the children and he had put his teeth through his lip so lots of blood. Like any parent when my kids are hurt this really upsets me.

Thankfully no serious damage - just a swollen lip today - but an hour or so after his fall I noticed my T has spiked and it's still quite a bit louder today.

Stress related, or coincidence?

2. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Very good question Amelia, I would want to say stress off the top of my head, but I had a few days of low T and I was also under a lot of stress, and no sleep. My T still stayed low, I thought for sure it was going to go up. Days when there is no stress and I get plenty of sleep, bingo T is back to high.
      It is known, that T can of course cause stress, it does for me anyway....

I am happy the little guy is Ok..

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Thanks @gary - I'm glad he is ok too :)

Id love to pin it to stress ... It's the only thing I can seem to see that changed in the last 2 days. If not stress that scares me more as it's unpredictable :(

4. Relic Hunter
      Cynical

Relic Hunter Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1990
      My T. will go up with any kind of stress such as lack of sleep, other pain, or just everyday stressful situations such as rush hour traffic.