Struggling to Come to Terms with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Pumpkin, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Pumpkin
      Batty

Pumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      I know there are many posts like this but I feel like I've hit a wall. I'm 4 months in with tinnitus and was so sure it was going to go....of course as time goes by I'm beginning to see that this is not necessarily the case. I really can't believe that this could be forever and trying to hold on to false hope is hurting me more. I've been so up and down but just recently I have completely crashed to the point I am struggling to even get out of bed. I'm lucky as I have no issues going to sleep, in fact I love to sleep as I don't have to deal with reality. Anyway, sorry for my ramblings. X

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Lorenzo74 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hey @Pumpkin

Don't be sorry.. Sometimes it is good to get it all out, especially around people that can relate to you... I feel a lot lighter when I do it myself :)

It took me about 9 months to feel kind of habituated, so don't be hard on yourself...

Take care and wish you a quiet day !!

3. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      still struggling at 5 years, although i am an anomoly. i've been to various support groups and it is far and away more normal to get on with you life normally than my situation so i think you will be okay. just hang in there a few more months.

• Hug Hug x 1