Study of Anticoagulant Sodium Enoxaparin

Discussion in 'Research News' started by HighDesertSage, Nov 1, 2014.

1. HighDesertSage

HighDesertSage Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Ok who's gonna try this? :)
      Study is from 2003 though

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Abatement can just mean lessening and they didn't say how they measured the results(i.e. MML, TFI).
      But who knows. I'm down to try anything that will work. If this medication did work miracles it's either a diamond that the whole tinnitus suffering world has overlooked or a failure. This reminds of part of why I think the reason thats everybody is so crazy about the "Retigabine thread"(with the obvious exception of the threads author having almost complete cessation) is that it's a medication that has shown promise with a decent theory which hasn't been effectively studied (and shown to fail) in a proper double-blind trial.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      HighDesertSage

HighDesertSage Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
    5. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Give it a shot... Hopefully it will work!

6. rtwombly
      Bookworm

rtwombly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's odd that the link is an add for Ginko since Ginko is not what's discussed in the study. I'm not really buying the argument that since both benefit capillary circulation, results for one can support use of the other.

May add this to my suggestion to my new doc about things we can try.

7. Dr. Charlie

Dr. Charlie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1997
      I agree with rtwombly that this study does not directly support the use of Ginko. However, Barry Keate is quite knowledgeable about tinnitus and its treatment. Unfortunately, both reported studies of sodium enoxaparin are quite small, and dealt with a select group of patients. BTW, this substance is a low molecular weight heparin product - a highly effective anticoagulant. The studies suggest to me that these particular tinnitus victims suffered from an impairment of their micro-circulations, perhaps as an auto-immune phenomenon (those with Lupus) or other vascular problems. It appears unlikely that those who suffer from tinnitus secondary to hair-cell damage (such as from noise exposure) or tinnitus secondary to acoustic nerve degeneration would experience similar benefits. Also, extended treatment with enoxaparin carries significant risks associated with the diminished ability for one's blood to coagulate. Such treatment must be carefully controlled and observed.

• Informative Informative x 5
      • Like Like x 1