Sudden Change

Discussion in 'Support' started by Matt01, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Matt01

Matt01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/11/14
      Hi,

So started about 10-11 weeks ago, a low flickering beep like morse code. Seemed to be improving, and Friday and Saturday night last weekend had two of the quiets days have had, in fact it was barely noticeable when I woke up and stayed that way for a few hours. During the day didn't hear it hardly at all, easily masked by light background sounds. Then went to bed Monday night and was a louder constant ringing that has lasted about 24 hours. Am really scared, I had some very nasty thoughts. Before this I think I would have habituated quite quickly to the pretty moderate T I had, but not sure why suddenly it could change like this. Am so worried, but am not saying anything to friends or family as don't want to drag anybody down. I really hope it's a spike rather than a change. The only other possibility is maybe nothing has changed, just how I perceive it from day to day, I really don't know what to think now.

Matt

2. Mark Beehre
      Facebooking

Mark Beehre Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008 // 11/2014
      Hey Matt, give it time! I had a nasty spike back in December that lasted a week and then cooled off. Tinnitus feeds on anxiety so try and keep that down if you can. I know it's hard, but you can get through this.

3. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      After your loud day does it follow by a quiet day?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Matt01

Matt01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/11/14
      Not sure on any pattern. I need to see how the rest of the week goes. Generally nights were quite faint apart from a handful of times and sleeping was fine up to now.