Sudden Tinnitus Onset — Better Chances for a Cure?

Discussion in 'Support' started by emerald2015, Oct 2, 2015.

1. emerald2015
      Gloomy

emerald2015 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hey everyone! Just read an article where they said that people who experience a sudden onset of tinnitus have higher chances to be cured than people who got it gradually over time. Any thoughts on that? Mine not only that it appeared all of a sudden without prior noise exposure or any infections, but it NEVER disappeared nor fluctuated for more than a few seconds (which I understand it is normal after reading some of the posts). It was only worsened temporarily due to noise exposure but got back to "normal" gradually within 2 days. It never fluctuated by itself without any stimulation for more than 10 secs.

Hugs to all!
      A

2. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Here I am, a year and a half following sudden onset severe tinnitus, still enduring severe tinnitus but now with an occasional break when the volume drops down to moderate or sometimes mild. That's a blessing. If you mean by "cure" that the tinnitus goes away, I've pretty much given up on that idea.

However, my experience is not necessarily going to be your experience. There are people whose tinnitus suddenly stops after 6 months, or a year, or 2 years, or 10 years. You may be one of the lucky ones. :)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emerald2015
      Gloomy

emerald2015 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      :thankyousign:

4. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      i think there is something called, am101, or something like that which is suppose to be helpful to those with new tinnitus.