Suffering from Tinnitus (Repetitive Whooshing Noise) and Misophonia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Marchio, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Marchio

Marchio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey,

So yes, I have tinnitus and misophonia. Great!

My tinnitus being repetitive is what truly bothers me. It’s not a single tone. It’s a repetitive whooshing noise. If the noise was constant I don’t think it would annoy me as much. Does that make sense?

Mine is like a windy static, kind of repetitive motion. It found the perfect annoyance!

I also have misophonia so that has latched onto the tinnitus too. It’s the perfect storm as they say.

For misophonia I use in-ear headphones which does make my tinnitus worse but it is what it is.

I am trying to accept it but at times it’s very very hard. It has caused me depression.

Thanks for listening,

Mark

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Alessandro Rossi
      Musical

Alessandro Rossi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2011
      Stay strong Mark ! As you may know, there are bad days but also good ones, regarding T (and in my case, Hyperacusis too). I'm trying a new approach about it. Don't give a damn as much as I can. We have a mindf*cking disease all of us, we need to be ultracareful, but we must fight against fear as much as we can.

This kind of sickness makes us selfish in some way: I suffer like I'm in hell and 99% of people can't understand me. But: what if I had a broken knee? I couldn't go outside for a long time. Both broken legs? Longer time, maybe I wont recover at all. What about cancer? Renal colics? Accidents?

People suffer all the time, people fight worse enemies, and it's all around. Focusing on that lucidly is helping me to reduce the importance to H & T and try to live better.

• Like Like x 1