Surgery and Disc Replacement for Cervical Originated Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Furetto, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Furetto

Furetto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello all,

While doing some research on the correlation between cervical spondylosis and tinnitus I came across this article that says that people with atypical symptoms (including tinnitus) greatly improved after surgery (there is a specific table about tinnitus improvement).

I spoke with 2 vertebrologists: one said that I will 100% improve. Another said he never saw neck-induced tinnitus and he suggested to not let the first vertebrologist touch me. Also the ENT and a neurologist agreed with this second opinion. This is of course very confusing.

What are your thoughts about it?

Atypical symptoms in patients with cervical spondylosis

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Furetto

Furetto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      No comments? :(

3. Bradleytech386

Bradleytech386 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concrete saw
      This is very sad as I do want to give you hope for a treatment, but with the 2 coinciding opinions I cannot say which to take. My only advice is to get a 3rd opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Rainer

Rainer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      100%? I don't know that any trustworthy doctor would ever make such a claim.
      I would have thought that the existence of neck-induced tinnitus is medical consensus. At least to me it seems trivial, since my tinnitus is modulated by my posture.

Actually I am not sure which one of your vertebrologists I should find more disconcerting :confused: The recommendation to seek a third opinion seems very sensible to me.

• Agree Agree x 1