Symptom — Advice

Discussion in 'Support' started by StubbyJ, Jan 8, 2017.

1. StubbyJ

StubbyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Greetings. I have done a search and have not found exactly what I'm looking for.

T and H for 8 months now due to noise exposure (May 16 - Jan 17)

Last month a was exposed to noise and was fine for 3 days after the fact (no signs of discomfort at time of exposure). Just as initial exposure, 3-4 days later the poopy hit the fan...the snotty ears, pressure, clicking, pain and all the other symptoms we know and love. About 6 days later I get T (1/10) in my right ear (fine up until this point) and about 8 days later a new H symptom. I should add that before said recent incident I was making great progress with H symptoms; pretty much back to normal aside from someone yelling beside me! I also had no physical/mechanical H sensations or discomfort.....T stuff was horrible.

Upon most noises (not all) my inner ears twitch for the initial frequency of the tone and then stop (think of a string vibrating inside the ear extending an inch into the brain). Example: M&Ms being dropped into a large plastic cup from 5 inches. Oddly, the sound doesn't hurt as much as the first go around (mild sensation). I'm in no way afraid of noise thus don't think it's a mental issue/reaction. Sometimes the sensation migrates to the eyes. Since it first started the sensation has diminished a bit from a staccato"vibration/twitch" to a lose waver/flutter, thus I think it's getting better???

Questions: Is this an H symptom? Those of you whom have experienced it, did it go away? Possible physical damage to ear (I may see an ENT, but the last 2 had no knowledge of T & H)? As other H symptoms, no worries regarding exposure over 75-80 dbs? Any other tidbits of advice experience? Hair cell related or bone issue? Start to worry time?

As always, thanks so much for your input and I wish you all the best.

StubbyJ

2. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      Sounds like Tensor Tympani problems?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      StubbyJ

StubbyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Could be. I have TT spasms here and there - the fluttering and minimal sound of beating a flat drum. This feels different with no additional sound.

4. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock Disorder (TTTS)
      @StubbyJ
      @SilverSpiral

I agree. Looks like TTTS like a big part of H noise induced...it's an hyper contraction of tensor tympani.. no really cure or treatment. If you have no photophobia is good. The best advice is avoid loud noise you can't tolerate.

Pain behind eye is trigeminal neuralgia 'cause tensor tympani is connected by this nerve. Check your ATM to avoid TMJD, that can aggravate headache/trigeminal pain/ear pain/hyperacusis independently from tensor tympani problem...all is linked on the face.

• Informative Informative x 2
    5. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      What is ATM?

6. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since: