Temporary Improvement — Now Worse Than Before

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rymann, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Rymann

Rymann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, I’m new on here and I really just need to know if anyone has dealt with something similar. About 2 months ago I noticed ringing in my right ear, did some online tests and it showed some high frequency loss.

Problem wouldn’t go away so I went to an ENT/audiologist who’s test showed the same thing. They told me my jaw does not close aligned and this is most likely the cause honestly haven’t noticed the ringing at all for a a few weeks which was the best feeling.

However 2 days ago I went to an outdoor event where we were standing right near a smoke machine and speaker and my right ear has been ringing non stop since and I can barely hear out of it.

Is this most likely temporary? I’m really freaking out.

2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Rymann Hello: Tissues around the temporomandibular joint uses the same pathways as the inner ear does. The temporomandibular joint can become crossed wired with signals from the inner ear. The ear is trying to reset these sensors but muscles in the inner ear can contract in presence of loud noise causing high frequency loss. I would see a specialized dentist soon for alignment devices and then you may see some or substantial T improvement.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rymann

Rymann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I noticed when I was at the event my ears hurt quite a bit when the smoke machine went off and evene when people spoke in my ear

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    5. TuneOut

TuneOut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Worsened 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      I'm really sorry to hear it. This happens too often. Believe me when I tell you that the most important thing is that you never expose yourself to loud noise like this again. Yes, you've likely done some damage. But it is also likely that your tinnitus will lessen. Limit your sound exposure and *stress* for awhile in order to rest your ears.

• Agree Agree x 1