The 12 kHz Sinus Tinnitus Tone Sucks, But It Won't Kill Me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Petertje, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Petertje

Petertje Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long period of stress
      Hello everyone,

Peter van Leeuwen here, from Rotterdam in the Netherlands. Born at the end of the first year of the roaring sixties.

It's 8 years ago that I found out that the 12 khz (to be exact: 12400 Hz) beep in both years was not caused by listening to a loud concert the night before, but by a longer period of stress from just outside my influence zone (work related).
      Took me a few months to admit that the doc was right in the end: there is no cure. Took me a couple of months more to become angry after hearing myself say "Life is worth nothing anymore".

Had to find out a new way to enjoy life again by focussing on the good things in it, for example a wonderful woman as a partner, the best (grand) kids in the world, a bunch of musical instruments (mostly guitars).
      Some days I'm really good at that and some days it's pretty damn hard.

During typing this text, it's as good as impossible to focus on other things and for that reason I will not hang around a lot here. Just a visit every once in a while to find experiences with new techniques or treatments, or help others by being a listening and understanding ear.

Thank you for reading. Stay strong and healthy!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1