The Neighbor Cut the Metal in the Evening. Suddenly.

Discussion in 'Support' started by IvanRus, Nov 30, 2017.

1. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Hello colleagues! Today there was such a situation - I went out in the evening from home to take a walk and get some fresh air. At us in Russia already -20 C ° and snow. I stood, breathed the frosty air (in a thick hat and hood), when suddenly in the neighbor's yard there was a squeal of "Bulgarians" (we are called an angle grinder). He cut some metal .. It was about 10 meters from me. I began to slowly move away from my yard, because the sound was good in the cold air. I left the epicenter of the sound for about 50 meters. And there he waited until he had cut the saw. How do you think this is very dangerous?

2. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      I think you're fine.

3. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't think that brief exposure to an angle grinder at 10 meters or 50 meters is dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It Is dangerous, as evidenced by the post below where something similar has happened to another person
      This is the reason why it is a good idea to wear ear plugs and to always carry Peltor muffs with you everywhere you go.

If your T's pitch and volume hasn't changed, then I wouldn't worry about it. Try to be more careful next time.