TheraTin: Theranostics and Therapy of Tinnitus by Means of Spatial Hearing

Discussion in 'Research News' started by EDDTEKK, Feb 4, 2023.

1. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Brandenburg Labs and TU Ilmenau develop special headphones for tinnitus therapy

Brandenburg Labs and the Technische Universität Ilmenau are starting a research project in which they develop specialized headphones for the diagnosis and therapy of tinnitus. The headphones with spatial audio will enable a closer link between tinnitus diagnosis and therapy (theranostics) and improve the quality of life of tinnitus sufferers. The two-year collaborative project is funded under the Directive for the Promotion of Research, Technology and Innovation of Thüringen as part of the European Union’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic (REACT-EU).

TheraTin - Brandenburg Labs

They want to conduct a study with 10 patients in 2023 to analyze if their method can improve tinnitus. I applied for it and am awaiting for their response.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. George Brunner

George Brunner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, maybe jaw or neck problems
      Sorry, this doesn't sound very promising. Why shouldn't my brain continue to spark and beep just because I'm wearing some kind of 3D headphones?

The study is helpful enough then that it will be the next idea that won't work.

Sounds so unpromising that I won't apply, despite only 300km to Brandenburgt...

Good luck to you @EDDTEKK anyway.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. momus

momus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
      Diagnosing tinnitus is not an issue. Just ask someone that has it. Sounds like someone is just going after some grant monies.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Basically I also don’t believe that this will help.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      Diagnostics I understand since they want to use EEG (some other places do that already), but spatial hearing? Did anyone understand the concept? Sounds vague.

6. KoolKat
      Dreaming

KoolKat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphone Noise induced ( BEING STUPID)
      What year are we in, 1987? Come on people. I want a treatment/a cure and I won't settle for anything less.

:mad: stuff like this needs to have the results ready, no need for them to pre-announce anything. Just have the results ready and the date we can try it out for ourselves.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Harder Calm
      Frustrated

Harder Calm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/TMJ
      The Brandenburg lab is also in Ilmenau - I think it's named after the inventor of the mp3 file format, Karlheinz Brandenburg, rather than the State of Brandenburg...