Things Are Looking Up

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Asuddengift, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Asuddengift
      Cheerful

Asuddengift Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/17/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress from a neck operation
      Hi everyone. I'm fairly new and got my tinnitus on Nov 17th of this year. I woke up the next morning after a surgery and had the loud EEEEEE in my right ear and a low hum in my left. The first week was a living hell, so I went to my ENT and he said that I had high frequency hearing lose after my hearing test in my right ear and tinnitus. He put me on a 5 day does of Prednisone but the golden time frame of 7 days had all ready past, I was 11 days in and wasn't sure if this was going to work.

In the same time frame I jumped on YouTube and found this forum and lucky found other people that were also dealing with tinnitus. I started following Julian Cowan Hill's advice and immediately starting eating healthy, meditating and going for walks twice a day. I stopped all caffeine and sugar and in a week my tinnitus went from a 8/10 to a 2/10 over this last week. My tinnitus is still there but now it's a low crackling pop in both ears, and only when I get stressed out I notice the loud ringing comes back. Also garlic!! I read somewhere on this forum how it changed some people's tinnitus. I can't tell you why this works for me it could be all mental but it does.

Sleeping isn't a problem anymore because right off the bat I decide to listen to my tinnitus instead of masking the sound with white noise or other tinnitus treatments at night. I actually started to enjoy the humming in my ears at night. It's telling me I'm alive and I think maybe were just special and we can hear something others can't. I know it's tough to stop falling into the negative loop hole, but if all you do is read the negative stories you'll never get better yourself. I hope this helps someone that struggled in the beginning like I did. If you stay positive it can get better. Just hang in there.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1