Thinking the Worst Thoughts

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marie79, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I walked around all day today outside to not hear the sound. I'm so tired yet know that the worst is yet to come when I go to lay down in my bed.

We are driving home and I even hear it driving on the freeway.

Just so many dark thoughts. If I get home and it's still this loud I don't know what I will do.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I remember thinking exactly the same things @Marie79, so I truly feel for you. The hardest times are when you are new to it, but hang in there because it does get easier. Take stock of all the positives you have in your life and try not to let this get on top of you. Stay active and carry on doing what you always have; do not let tinnitus rule your life. As your mood improves so will your outlook, and try not to read too much about it online. It will just keep you focusing on it.

Your thoughts at the moment are creating a false image of your future, but without being able to see into the future you have no idea what's on the horizon. In a couple of years this site and your worries of tinnitus could well be a distant memory. For now try and relax as relaxation has great benefits. Maybe try booking yourself a spa day or some other soothing activity and put all things T to the back of your mind, even if you can hear it, ignore it, and try not to emotionally react to it.

I wish you all the best but I'm sure you will be fine. Just remember you're not alone in this, we are all here to help.

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1