This Is My Story. If Someone Can Offer Some Insight, I'll Be Vastly Grateful

Discussion in 'Support' started by yaom, Mar 7, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. yaom

yaom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      dont know
      In November I started to have vertigo, after three months of anxiety, stress, panic attacks over what could had been something horrible, I finally got to see the ENT and the neurologist.

The neurologist did a brain MRI with liquid and found absolutely nothing wrong with me, so he referred me to an ENT who did a bunch of testing and BOOOM found the source of my misery... its called vestibular neuritis... my affected ear is the left and I am currently going to therapy to retrain my brain and get rid of the vertigo.

I also developed tinnitus along with the neuritis.... my left ear is more quiet (though the neuritis is there), my right ear acts a lot though, the tinnitus there is the loudest and today I started to feel spasms and pressure there, sort of like if you made a bubbling noise with your mouth and the discomfort sets in for a few seconds and then it goes away but the tinnitus is constant.

I asked my ENT if I had hearing loss and she told me that I didnt... (I did an audiogram and they told me I had excellent hearing)

my right ear feels hot, and sort of hurts

its that absolutely normal on the beginning stages of tinnitus? at times I also have some hyperacusis but not much, certain noises like flutes or so on make me feel discomfort.... I read a few posts here and it seems this is all very common when you get tinnitus

I had it for four months, is that considered beginning stages?
    2. john mccluskey

john mccluskey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi there mate I don't have vertigo but every other symptom that you have ive got.ive had mild tinnitus for over a year but since January it's been in a new leauge . The noise has at least went 10 fold with a hot ear and a full ear if that makes any sense I have the ent on Tuesday go knows what's happened but God am in a dark place at the moment good luck x