This Might Tickle Your Brain... I Get a Few Minutes of Relief After Showering

Discussion in 'Support' started by Creature_Music, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Creature_Music
      Alone

Creature_Music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/28/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      So it's been 5 days going since my ringing in the ears has started, and let me tell you, just off 5 days alone, it's been somewhat a battle. Sometimes I feel like I'm managing it okay... other times it feels like I'm losing. I don't know really, obviously it's too early for me to consider myself getting used to it, but I will continue to be strong and keep hope for the future.

However what I'm posting about has sparked quite an interesting spark into my brain and maybe will into yours too!

So I've come to notice that as soon as my shower is over my ringing is completely silent.

I'm able to sit there for about a minute or two and enjoy the music I have music playing and just relax for a second.

But shortly after the ringing comes back very minimal then builds to what I consider to be a 5 or a 6 on a scale of 1-10. It's very interesting to me...

I think maybe it's the sounds that my shower produces that maybe help my brain get some sort of temporary relief.

I'm thinking of maybe recording the sound, and looping it, and giving myself what others would consider "sound therapy". Maybe this works, maybe it doesn't. What do you guys/girls think?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That's actually pretty smart thing to do, keep me updated and let me know if it works out for you. My tinnitus gets some temporary relief after the shower as well. I might give this a try, thanks. & I hope you continue being strong, distracting your mind and being able to habituate, good luck :) cheers

3. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Did you try this?