Thoracic Outlet Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Support' started by steinamo, Dec 28, 2015.

1. steinamo
      Balanced

steinamo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      Has anyone here been diagnosed with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome?

For quite some time now, I've had an extreme trigger point under my right clavical (behind it, not below).

Previously in my life I've experienced some trauma on this side of my body due to bicycle accidents (being hit by a car).

Lately this area has been really annoying me, so I started looking into ways to relieve this trigger point and came across TOS.

I would say that I definitely have symptoms of TOS, so I started finding stretches and exercises for it. Just sitting at my desk right now at work doing some of these stretches has helped incredibly, and call me crazy, but I feel like the volume of my tinnitus has gone wayyyy down in the last hour since I started this.

Does anyone have experience with something like this?

• Like Like x 1
    2. Layla

Layla Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is an old thread but I was hoping you could tell me what your tinnitus sounds like? I've been to two therapists (for my chronic joint pain) who think I have a moderate case of TOS, and just recently developed tinnitus. I doubt for myself it's necessarily related because supposedly TOS causes that whooshy pulsing tinnitus and that's not what I have.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I wrote a post at the following link which describes how I got relief from Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. I'm not sure if correcting it has helped my tinnitus.

St. John's Wort Oil Helps with the Pain of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome

I found the following snippet at THIS SITE:

Certain disorders, such as hypo- or hyperthyroidism, Lyme disease, fibromyalgia, and thoracic outlet syndrome, can have tinnitus as a symptom. When tinnitus is a symptom of another disorder, treating the disorder can help alleviate the tinnitus.

Good video (visuals) at the following link:

Top 3 Signs You May Have Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. (Arm Pain)