Thought I Had A New Sound

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ed209, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      This morning I was out teaching one of my students, when suddenly, I heard this subtle humming sound. Inside I was extremely anxious, I was totally freaking out. I asked my student if his wife was hoovering upstairs; he said no, then went on to say it could next door, but said I must have very acute hearing if I could hear it (he's actually a consultant Dr). I thought no chance, it must be in my head and felt awful. The thing is on Thursday I had microsuction to remove some wax that was blocking my ears, this gave me half a reason to believe there could be a cause.

Anyway, the lesson finished and I stepped outside. I could hear a faint noise that seemed to be coming from the top of the road. As soon as I drove away the noise disappeared, so it was a real sound I was hearing. Sometimes now I can't tell what's a real sound and what's tinnitus, because some real sounds can be very convincing.

I suppose my point is that we are so tightly wound, and on high alert, that were always monitoring the sounds around us with suspicion. I seriously need to relax.

2. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Bobbie7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress, sinus infection
      I understand very well. I am the same way and begin to panic whenever some new sound presents itself and I have difficulty distinguishing whether it is T or not. I also need to take it easy.