Time for a break... for now.

Discussion in 'Support' started by LadyDi, Mar 2, 2014.

1. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Dear Tinnitus Talk friends:

I have been thinking about this for a bit... I believe it is time for me to take a break from the board. I have been here, almost every day after I developed an anxiety and panic reaction to my tinnitus in May 2013, following baraotrauma on a airplane flight. You all were there for me when I really, for the first and only time in my life, thought death would be a preferable option to living. Blessings to all of you, I can't thank you enough. Especially the board managers: Steve, DezDog, Erik and of course, our founder, Markku. It continues to astound me that people from all over the world, from all different walks of life, can come together and help one another. We truly are one human family.

Oh, one thing I made sure I did before taking my board break? Donate to Tinnitus Talk. I encourage you to do the same, if you have not. Sorry it took me so long, Markku.

I am going because I believe, for right now, being on the board is giving my tinnitus -- and talking about my tinnitus -- more of a place in my life than I want it to have. I will be three months into my Neuromonics treatment beginning next week, and still am in my CBT therapy. I think its important I concentrate my energies there now and see where it takes me. Board breaks can be helpful for some people... and I have come to realize I am one of them. I hope it will allow me to gain perspective, wisdom and experience. I promise to come back in June and give you all an update. By then, I will be six months into Neuromonics and have lived a full year with tinnitus. Maybe I will have a post for the Success Story forum then.

To all of you who shared with me and comforted me: You will be in my heart. If any of you really need to reach me, don't hesitate to PM me.

And to the newbies? IT DOES GET BETTER! Honest. It will be hard in the beginning. But hang in there and you probably will find that everything that you love, that is important to you, will still be there for you even with tinnitus. Your life may not be exactly the same as it was before. But your life still can and will be good.

Best wishes,
      LadyDi

• Hug Hug x 6
      • Like Like x 3
    2. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Ah, LadyDi. Will miss you on here. But completely understand. Really hope the Neuromonics works well. Seems that it will. You seem to fit their profile for a complete success story.
      All the Best, and can't wait to hear your update this summer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. George Brady
      Crappy

George Brady Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      bad meds
      Good luck with neuromonics!

4. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      LadyDi,

It goes without saying that you will be dearly missed.

One part of my heart is sincerely happy for you to have arrived at a place where you no longer actively need support boards, but the other part will miss your posts full of positivity, inquisitiveness, and wisdom.

You haven't been here even for a year, and yet I've already become so accustomed to your presence.

I wish all the best on your journey and for the spring. As many others, I'll be waiting for your update in June.

With gratitude,
      Markku

• Like Like x 3