Tinnitus Acting Up, Possible Sinuses?

Discussion in 'Support' started by mick1987, Jun 28, 2014.

1. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi guys, my tinnitus the past 5-6 days has been acting weird, it is usually very stable, but every minute or so a high pitched tone fluctuates up past every noise, even in the shower, only lasting a few seconds but its happening every minute?...highly distracting!

Since Monday I've been having daily headaches, sore throat when waking in the morning, pressure in the upper face, fatigue, eyes have been sore and struggling to focus, I asked my mum and she said it sounds like a sinus infection, but I looked online and it said usually with sinus infections you get a blocked or runny nose, I don't have that? Just pressure in the face, around the eyes, headaches etc.

I'm thinking my tinnitus fluctuating is connected to whatever this set of symptoms are????

Has anyone had any sinus problems/same symptoms in the past and did it affect your tinnitus?

Also if it is a sinus infection would it clear up on its own? Its been 6 days now.

Thanks a lot.
      Mick.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Right nows the season for sinus shit so could deff be sinus related.. I get that pain around the eyes and like a headache but no runny nose or anything and it can still be sinuses. Its probably just that and your T is reacting to it, but once you feel better it should go bac to normal..

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thanks for your reply grace, because I'm a man I'm oblivious to what was causing it, all i know is my face hurts and my T is angry! Lol.

My mum said she gets sinuses all the time, uses decongestants and steaming and all that crap often, lol, its only bothering me because of my tinnitus playing up, once that happens I pay attention! :)

4. mmacabre
      Ape-like

mmacabre Member

Tinnitus Since:
      when my tinnitus spikes i get what you mentioned: headaches and pressure in the face and neck and the problem with sore eyes that i cannot focus. in fact noise exposure can greatly exacerbate these things for me. all these things you described are essentially 24/7 for me and are "connected" to the tinnitus. if one worsens the other worsens alongside it. no idea what it is...

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Maybe its stress and anxiety? High blood pressure? When tinnitus spikes, stress levels rise, with that blood pressure rises causing headaches, muscle tension, sore eyes etc?

A week ago I woke with a sore jaw that kept on clicking, read about TMJ caused by clenching your teeth/jaw while sleeping, the main cause is stress....??

6. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      My t is noise induced and i have jaw
      Clickin and ear clickin/poppin and it freaks me out but i never noticed
      It before i got t... I think its just your
      Sinuses and the weather nd it will deff go back to normal just give it time and dont worry! :)

• Like Like x 1
    7. powder

powder Member

I have THE dame problems hearing high pitches tones I think it is stress