Tinnitus After Car Accident

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Phil King, May 14, 2016.

1. Phil King

Phil King Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head trauma
      In March 2015, I had a head on collision from which I was unconscious. I suffered concussion for a good few weeks thereafter. Since then I have been suffering from what I thought was lack of concentration, but my Neurologist Consultant believes this to be memory loss (awaiting further tests). I developed Tinnitus, which can last for days, and can now wake me from my sleep. I am awaiting an appointment at the ENT Hospital. Anyone else had similar experiences? Would be grateful to hear from anyone please.

2. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      One of my friend is in the same condition as you minus the memory loss, his tinnitus started when he regained consciousness at the hospital some three years + ago and to this date is still present...

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Phil King

Phil King Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head trauma
      Oh, :banghead: , I guess I am hoping they can give an explanation as to what the neurological reasons are for the onset of T following my accident, that way maybe I can accept it. Thanks for your reply :)

4. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hello Phil!
      i have seen a lot of cases around this forum.
      and also, some success stories about people in car accidentes that after a few months their tinnitus went away.
      there is hope.

5. Rosie_Rose
      Frustrated

Rosie_Rose Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1989? Maybe longer
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Accident
      @Phil King - I suffered the same kind of accident (w/o the memory loss). My T is still loud and clear but that doesn't mean yours will be forever. I had no headrest on my truck and my head hit the back window and blacked me out.
      I get the impression that your T comes and goes? I'll take some of that!!!;)

6. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      I bet it was caused by loud noise caused by car accident .

7. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from viral infection
      Or by the fact that they suffered a concussion. With memory and other concerns, obviously the accident caused some head trauma. Maybe swelling near the auditory nerve?

Phil, have you had an MRI?