Tinnitus After Loud Music. I Have Had It for Nearly 2 Days. Help!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mike574, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Mike574

Mike574 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I have tinnitus. I got it after going clubbing and I stood really close to the speakers. When I got hit with the speakers I could feel it in my ear. It was so powerful. The next morning I woke up and I heard a ringing in my ear. It was like a high frequency radio wave sound. I can't believe this has happened to me. The day before I was so happy, and now my life is going to change forever. I'm only 23 years old, I'm in school, I don't have a girlfriend (the reason why I went clubbing to begin with). Now I'm thinking how is this going to effect my dreams, my social life, school, in other words my quality of life. I'm really hoping that this goes away, but from what I'm hearing it looks like it's not. I have had for nearly 48 hours now. I'm really scared. I just want everything to go back to normal. Is it too late to think that it will go away within a week?

2. I never had the sudden tonal T, mine just sort of snuck up on me. I've got sudden humming though due to a bad cold (maybe). I've heard others say that ringing T can be temporary so maybe yours is? Only time will tell. Even if it subsides you may always have a bit of a ring in your ears now. Lesson learned, carry hearing protection, always.

3. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Make an appointment immediately with an ENT, preferably someone that has experience with tinnitus. They might consider putting you on a course of steroids (prednisone) which may be helpful In the early stages of t caused by acoustic trauma.

• Agree Agree x 1