Tinnitus After Vaping (JUUL E-Cigarettes)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mmillan47, Dec 28, 2019.

1. mmillan47

mmillan47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/20/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi. I got tinnitus about 7 months ago. I quit smoking cigarettes about a year ago and started using the JUUL. I am totally addicted to it and refuse to believe it might had caused my tinnitus.

I'm desperate at this point.

Can not focus at work and cry on my way home everyday.

Some days honestly I feel like I won't be able to deal with this for the rest of my life and I get dark thoughts that really scare me because I love life and don't want to die. But this conditions has brought me to my knees and at this point I have isolated and when there's others around I try to pretend all is ok but it is not.

I don't want to keep complaining about it so I have stopped telling my friends and family how devastating this ailment has been. Trying to stay grateful for my health but is very difficult at times.

My question is if anyone has improved or lowered the volume of their tinnitus after quitting vaping or specifically the JUUL?

Any advice or experiences will be so appreciated. Thank you everyone and know that you are not alone.

2. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Your tinnitus is probably not from JUUL. Most tinnitus is caused by loud noise over time from music. One loud bang can cause tinnitus, too.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mmillan47

mmillan47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/20/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for your response. Do you suffer from tinnitus and how did you get it. Also do you vape or use the Juul device? My tinnitus is not from noise exposure. At least I dont think so. I have been to ENT. After MRI , CT scan. There's nothing wrong with my ears. No hearing loss and no damage. Going to see a neurologist next week. Will update. Thanks again

4. AndrewBern

AndrewBern Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/01/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise and vaping
      I have for sure experienced an increase in tinnitus from vaping, JUUL specifically.

At first I wasn’t sure because there are so many other factors that it could have been, and I’ve always had a slight background tinnitus from playing in bands and doing construction.

But this was way worse. And I have run the experiment several times over the last year. Now it is immediate. After a couple of months with no vaping, I tried a couple of hits. It immediately flared up.

It isn’t nicotine, otherwise cigarettes would do the same thing. There is something about JUUL pens that do it for me.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mmillan47

mmillan47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/20/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you Andrew. Very helpful feedback. I have cut down significantly on the Juul however very difficult to quit all together but with you sharing your experience you have giving me a boost to quit all the way. Thank you from my heart. Stay safe and keep sharing your experience, strength, and hope.