Tinnitus and Blood Flow

Discussion in 'Support' started by dmi, Jun 23, 2014.

1. dmi

dmi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Anyone know of blood flow or cardiac problems which cause tinnitus? For nearly a year I have had constant ringing/hissing in both ears but occassionaly get pulses and vibrations in my left ear in sync with my heartbeat. I also have a constant painless throbbing in my forehead and back of head that is also in sync with my heartbeat.
      I have had an MRI of brain/ears, blood tests, an examination by an ENT doctor and no problems were found. Blood pressure is also normal
      I am 30 years and have no other health problems.

2. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi dmi, Ckeck out our "pulsatile-tinnitus" Just go down to the next section below where you made this post. there is a whole section devoted to your question..

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @dmi, and welcome!

You may have a condition known as pulsatile tinnitus. It is usually vascular in nature, and may be intermittent or constant. I also have a high-pitched hissing/ringing, plus constant pulsatile tinnitus, in my right ear only. I've had mine for four years now, and it started suddenly, after I took blood pressure medicine.

There are many possible causes for pulsatile tinnitus, and it's good that you have had an MRI, and that it was clear. If you are concerned, you could schedule an appointment with a neurologist or neurotologist, who will probably know more about the condition.

Also, you could check out Whooshers.com, which is a website for people with pulsatile tinnitus. There is also a Facebook support group (closed group) for Whooshers, which you might want to join.

Did yours start suddenly? Do you experience any headaches? Sudden weight gain or weight loss? Any other changes in your health, such as accident or injury?

Glad you joined us; welcome!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      dmi

dmi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      the tinnitus/ringing started suddenly yes but the pulsatile tinnitus only comes on occassionly, as well as the vibrations. no other health issues really aside from sore eyes sometimes which im not sure is related. yes im currently waiting to see a neurologist. ENT wasnt much help

• Funny Funny x 1
    5. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      LOOK INTO: barre-lieou syndrome

6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      @dmi ,

Thanks for that information. I'm glad you have an appointment with a neurologist, and hope that he will be able to shed some light on what might be causing the vibrations. Good luck, and I hope you'll update us when you learn more.

Best wishes,
      Karen

7. Uniqdzign
      Musical

Uniqdzign Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1973
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Playing instruments too loudly.
      dml Hi, found this video of a yoga workout for the neck and blood supply to the head/ears. Here.
      I'm trying it out myself, too soon too know of any results though.