Tinnitus and Dating — How to Find Someone Who Understands What Tinnitus Is Like?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ChipLeak, Nov 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. ChipLeak

ChipLeak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Age, Statins, NSAIDs, COVID-19
      I see myself with TINNITUS as having a permanent “INVISIBLE” disability – and perhaps that is best understood by a person of the opposite sex (who also has TINNITUS) – as we face the challenges of life with tinnitus together?

From the outside - I have all the appearances of being normal and healthy (what is normal anymore?)

My TINNITUS is new (21+ months) and severe, debilitating!

This period of adjustment (dealing with TINNITUS) can be very lonely as I (we) navigate all of the online support groups, news, information, medical research, and studies of possible treatments, therapies, remedies, counseling, and hope for a cure!

I am seeking a woman who can help me with these challenges (adapting, coping, dealing with TINNITUS) and may feel the same as I do. Also, someone who understands the IMPACT of the condition such as ...

The Human Impact Of Tinnitus
      Tinnitus can be a debilitating condition, that negatively affects a patient’s overall health and social well-being. Even moderate cases can interfere with the ability to work and socialize.
      People with tinnitus often experience:

• Distress
      • Depression
      • Anxiety
      • Frequent mood swings
      • Sleep disturbances
      • Irritability or frustration
      • Poor concentration
      • Pain (particularly when tinnitus is accompanied by hyperacusis)
      I feel that perhaps a woman who has TINNITUS (as I DO!) has the BEST ability to understand what I am going thru and therefore it would be easier to "connect, bond, share messages of support and encouragement" – and perhaps – form a deeper relationship!

Obviously, this support group is NOT A DATING SITE - but how would I find someone (a woman) who understands what I am dealing with - and could therefore make a connection beyond simply chatting online?

My hope and belief are that we could mutually support one another with these challenges - of a lifetime condition with tinnitus - and what all of that entails.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Snake
      Heartbroken

Snake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2011 - Gaming on headphones. 2020 - Severe by breaking glass
      After what happened to me in terms of relationships last year, I know that no-one understands and every one of us is alone on their own. We live in a different world.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1